ReefCleaners.org

AI Prime or REEFLED 50 for IM20 gallon

Isaacthedev

SliceGolfer

What do you plan to keep in your tank? AI Prime is great, two would be better. Full spectrum panel like Reef Breeders Photon V2+ 24” would be awesome.

Isaacthedev
16 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

What do you plan to keep in your tank? AI Prime is great, two would be better. Full spectrum panel like Reef Breeders Photon V2+ 24” would be awesome.

It would be two primes or two reef led and mostly LPS 

Either way 2 of them would need to be run lower than what they put out as lps doesn't need high light. 

A lot of lps do better in lower light, some even need shading.

I would go with the Reef LED, I have experience with both and the Reef LED is better in my opinion 

*the AI prime is better if you want more granular control of color spectrum and want to “tinker” with your light spectrum. If you want a “set it and forget it” light that has great shimmer and good color rendering then I would go with the Red Sea Reef LED. 

14 minutes ago, William said:

I would go with the Reef LED, I have experience with both and the Reef LED is better in my opinion 

*the AI prime is better if you want more granular control of color spectrum and want to “tinker” with your light spectrum. If you want a “set it and forget it” light that has great shimmer and good color rendering then I would go with the Red Sea Reef LED. 

After owning lights with all the controllability offered, I do miss the plug n play aspect.

There are no real standard settings with Ai or other lights like it.

That's what makes it a pain. It's a guessing game how what to run and how much to run.

It would be nice to have a guideline for settings in regards to tank sizes.

Isaacthedev
52 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

After owning lights with all the controllability offered, I do miss the plug n play aspect.

There are no real standard settings with Ai or other lights like it.

That's what makes it a pain. It's a guessing game how what to run and how much to run.

It would be nice to have a guideline for settings in regards to tank sizes.

I agree. I don’t think it makes sense to tinker with each light setting unless you’re showing someone or a store demo maybe. Personally I think a single setting or two is best 

14 minutes ago, Isaacthedev said:

I agree. I don’t think it makes sense to tinker with each light setting unless you’re showing someone or a store demo maybe. Personally I think a single setting or two is best 

Agree.

The number 1 question I always see, "what settings should I use"

Isaacthedev
13 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Agree.

I’ve asked that a few times LMFAO

15 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Agree.

That is why I loved my Red Sea Reef LED 90s (currently for sale) 

I am only changing lights because I want to tinker (not recommended for most hobbyists). 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

How are the reefleds 50/90 doing for the moment? I know there have been some complaints about the PSU's overheating and wifi connectivity issues...

Have these been solved with the latest firmware update v1.8.1.???

Still not sure what fixture to buy, prime hd or reefled...

• 1 month later...
Isaacthedev
On 6/26/2020 at 7:23 AM, TheonlyDaan said:

How are the reefleds 50/90 doing for the moment? I know there have been some complaints about the PSU's overheating and wifi connectivity issues...

Have these been solved with the latest firmware update v1.8.1.???

Still not sure what fixture to buy, prime hd or reefled...

I absolutely love them. Great growth on my coral, the app has issues connecting sometimes which can be annoying though but definitely not a deal breaker.