inTank Media Baskets

40B Peninsula build. C ya Cyano...you little b🤭

5*Chris

CoralVue Aquarium Products
On 6/8/2020 at 1:34 PM, 5*Chris said:

Couple new things came in 😁😁.

First my replacement skimmer. Thanks to Angie at Coralvue @Jeff@CoralVue . Originally purchased the Icecap K2-50 from Aquacave, once I got the tank together I realized there was a couple things wrong with the skimmer. Couple emails and pics later she sent me a replacement in the form of a K1-50🤙🏽. Only bad thing is the pump isn't working 🤦🏽‍♂️ on the new new skimmer. Was able to use the pump from the original skimmer, so it's up and running again 💪🏽. Very nice skimmer, extremely quiet. 

IMG_20200606_204522.thumb.jpg.a65f78373fd7add1f4239ee5b1b0f89a.jpg

Second, ReefBreeders new blue/violet Lumenbar arrived. Beautiful led bar, I thought my diy led bar was nice, but I really like the size of this and the spectrum looks cherry. My diy bar uses better leds, but looks massive in comparison. Overall very pleased with this purchase.

IMG_20200608_160918.thumb.jpg.6a9e2dd8ea41a30c13844d9dcbfb723d.jpg

Don't mind my Kenya, it hangs out like that once in a while😂. Going to install my diy bar tomorrow night. About to order the Miro T5 retrofit kit, so hopefully in a week have my lighting done. I plan on par testing after it's all done. Hydra 26HD will be for sale after if any interests.

Sorry for the trouble but we are glad it's all worked out!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Nice tank! 40 breeders are such an awesome footprint and don't get enough love anymore.

I really love the foot print. With my other tanks before I always had rock that I couldn't include and I still felt like there wasn't enough negative space. In the 40b I was able to scape the way I wanted and still have plenty of open sand bed available. 

I just have 1 rock that I need to put in place and I can finally move the frags from the rack and get all the coral where I want them. 

• Like 3

My care package from Aquacave came in😁. I guess I know what I'm doing on my days off. 

IMG_20200617_170537.thumb.jpg.b2055fdf3f8494e9e4b942564303d65f.jpg

My wife and kids got me another Reefbreeders blue/uv bar and a RP-M wave maker for Father's day, but I can't have them until Sunday😭

So my setup for lighting will be...

24" RB bar

36" t5

My 24" diy bar

36" t5

24" RB bar

Any opinions on lighting schedule? I'm planning on setting each on timers, with the RB bars sharing a timer. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
4 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

My care package from Aquacave came in😁. I guess I know what I'm doing on my days off. 

IMG_20200617_170537.thumb.jpg.b2055fdf3f8494e9e4b942564303d65f.jpg

My wife and kids got me another Reefbreeders blue/uv bar and a RP-M wave maker for Father's day, but I can't have them until Sunday😭

So my setup for lighting will be...

24" RB bar

36" t5

My 24" diy bar

36" t5

24" RB bar

Any opinions on lighting schedule? I'm planning on setting each on timers, with the RB bars sharing a timer. 

I guess the most logical way is to do all led on one schedule and the T5s for 4-6 hours a day. the diy can be on its own timer and be your late night light. 
I personally wouldn’t have gone all in on blues and actinic. It’ll pop the colors for sure, but you'll also be missing out on some of the colors (red, pink and true yellow) that is actually more visible with more neutral light. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I guess the most logical way is to do all led on one schedule and the T5s for 4-6 hours a day. the diy can be on its own timer and be your late night light. 
I personally wouldn’t have gone all in on blues and actinic. It’ll pop the colors for sure, but you'll also be missing out on some of the colors (red, pink and true yellow) that is actually more visible with more neutral light. 

Yeah I plan on either extending my diy led and/or redoing the layout to add some neutral lighting. I first thought about using coral plus t5 but want control of reds, greens, and whites which I can accomplish easier through led. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Love it! Looks very nice. 

Thank you! How about now?

IMG_20200626_162624.thumb.jpg.bfbe283726984cdfc71281853584a079.jpg

I wish I would've recorded my wife's reaction. She asked, "Is it energy efficient?"🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
whisnantrider
23 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

Thank you! How about now?

IMG_20200626_162624.thumb.jpg.bfbe283726984cdfc71281853584a079.jpg

I wish I would've recorded my wife's reaction. She asked, "Is it energy efficient?"🤣🤣

LED baby, you cant get no better 😂 

• Haha 1

Dang this build is nice. I’m planning a 40 breeder when we move into or new home in about a year and this is giving some serious inspiration. Loving the peninsula idea

• Like 1
12 hours ago, aclman88 said:

Dang this build is nice. I’m planning a 40 breeder when we move into or new home in about a year and this is giving some serious inspiration. Loving the peninsula idea

Thank you. It's definitely been a fun build. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
2 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

Thank you. It's definitely been a fun build. 

when are you gonna post a pic with all lights lit up?  c'mon, just a sneak peek 🤣, I know you wanna modify the T5 ballast placement still. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

when are you gonna post a pic with all lights lit up?  c'mon, just a sneak peek 🤣, I know you wanna modify the T5 ballast placement still. 

Lol, I already want to modify the entire light setup. Even feeding the tank I bump into the lights 😫. I have some redesigning to do, but as is everything looks happy (except for my Kenya tree).

IMG_20200626_213140.thumb.jpg.f0fdeb16005b8795f3fdb2e9f484eaaf.jpg

It's actually not as blue as the pic looks. It actually looks a lot whiter than I was thinking it would. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How you liking the RB?

I just ordered a RB Lumen 24in 14k to add to my ATI. Pretty stoked about it as they look really nice! 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Matteo said:

How you liking the RB?

I just ordered a RB Lumen 24in 14k to add to my ATI. Pretty stoked about it as they look really nice! 

I really like the Lumenbars. I think they are well worth the money. I do wish they used better LEDs, but again for the price I'm very happy with them. They have a great build quality, and seem to be very sturdy. Came packaged perfectly and very well protected (shipped inside a PVC pipe.) Spectrum is very nice and corals really pop. Corals do seem to react positively to them. I'm planning on renting a par meter this weekend so I can do some testing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need to stop upgrading things that don't need upgrading. Here's my new to me light fixture. Dimmable 36" ATI Sunpower with 4 Nanobox arrays. Will also be adding 2 of my led bars😎

IMG_20200808_154401.thumb.jpg.6b19051c757004344df792768338ba0e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
14 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Sexy!!!

Thank you, I got lucky. Someone posted it for $300 locally, I offered $250 and he accepted, I just couldn't pass it up.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, 5*Chris said:

Thank you, I got lucky. Someone posted it for $300 locally, I offered $250 and he accepted, I just couldn't pass it up.

That's insane 

• Like 1

😲🌞😎

IMG_20200815_172430.thumb.jpg.707faa9e2d42aa5862e91696312675ed.jpg

And in other news, my toadstool is extra happy today!

IMG_20200815_172307.thumb.jpg.470a59d62c083988d1aa27ce33bdeb3d.jpg

Can't wait until my days off, the tank needs a good cleaning and corals put in their place. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2