Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My sons 5g pico

roblox84

I set this up for my son in his room 6-7 months ago so he can have his very own nemo that hosts an anenome. For ease of maintenance the filtration is live rock only. I just recently started dosing nitrates and phosphates so I'm hoping the corals start to grow a little better. You can see the acan in the front and how it receded due to lack of nutrients.

So far after a few days of dosing the corals seem to be perking up and 2 mushrooms look like they are splitting already. First 3 pics are right after cycle when tank was new, the last 2 pics are most recent but before I started dosing the phates/trates. We're also dealing with a flatworm and aiptasia problem at the moment so that is next on the list to be taken care of.

I didn't put many corals in there because it was supposed to be mainly an RBTA tank but so far it has shown no signs of splitting even with regular feedings. I'm still deciding if I want to risk fragging another RBTA I have and placing it into the pico on the left side or just putting more corals in it.

We also need to upgrade the flow because the current powerhead isn't cutting it but we're unsure of what to go with. I tried my spare Jebao pp8 at lowest settings but it was still way too much for the coral. 

20191020_214323.jpg

20191020_214535.jpg

20191024_150336.jpg

20200214_154548.jpg

20200430_163348.jpg

• Like 3