Innovative Marine Aquariums

No space in Nuvo 10's middle chamber because of light clamp!?!?!

ramesis

Hi,

I have a nuvo 10 AIO.  I set it up with an AI Prime 16HD using the metal arm.  I love the look but the clamp is big and takes up space in the middle chamber.  I would like to run a skimmer in there and can't.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to setup a skimmer in a scenario like this?  I would like to improve the gas exchange of my tank and maybe run a CO2 scrubber attached to a skimmer but right now I don't see how...  My PH is around 7.9   by Alk is 10 so it is within range.  I am thinking that I just have too much co2 in the house.  

Ramesis

Had the same problem.   I put the clamp on the last chamber where the return pump is.   Just twisted the arm so it’s where I want the light to be and it freed up my middle chamber.     I have my filter media in there and mangroves.    I also have a heater in the chamber with the return pump.    But you could also get rid of the filter sock, move your media into that chamber and then put a skimmer in the middle chamber.    

Hi!

On 5/12/2020 at 2:35 AM, Momsreef said:

I put the clamp on the last chamber where the return pump is.   Just twisted the arm so it’s where I want the light to be and it freed up my middle chamber.     

I thought about this but was afraid that it would just create a shadow on the other side of the rock.  Did it give you any shadowing problems?  Could you send me a picture of what you did?

Chadicus Meridius

Is your tank near a window because if there is too much carbon dioxide you can just open it if weather permits and your pH should change, then if it does you know it’s not an alkalinity problem 

26 minutes ago, Seea said:

Is your tank near a window because if there is too much carbon dioxide you can just open it if weather permits and your pH should change, then if it does you know it’s not an alkalinity problem 

Hi Seea!

I did that.  I opened all the windows in the house and my PH shut up to 8.1 which was great but as soon as I close the windows it drops. I think the PH swings would be worse than just having low PH so I am looking for a more permanent solution since I cannot leave the windows open all day long.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:35 AM, Momsreef said:

Had the same problem.   I put the clamp on the last chamber where the return pump is.   Just twisted the arm so it’s where I want the light to be and it freed up my middle chamber.     I have my filter media in there and mangroves.    I also have a heater in the chamber with the return pump.    But you could also get rid of the filter sock, move your media into that chamber and then put a skimmer in the middle chamber.    

I moved the clamp to the last chamber too to fit a skimmer, but I got the flexible arm so I was able to just have it come off the back at an angle, with the light still flat and at the center of the tank.

3 minutes ago, lizzyann said:

I moved the clamp to the last chamber too to fit a skimmer, but I got the flexible arm so I was able to just have it come off the back at an angle, with the light still flat and at the center of the tank.

Hmm.. So I might have to switch arms.... Interesting.  That sounds like a good option.  Did you get the 12" one?   BTW..  The tank is your tagline is beautiful.  Great job!

1 hour ago, ramesis said:

Hmm.. So I might have to switch arms.... Interesting.  That sounds like a good option.  Did you get the 12" one?   BTW..  The tank is your tagline is beautiful.  Great job!

Thanks! Yep, I got the 12 inch.