Pod Your Reef

10 Gallon Reef

ggabrielcc

ggabrielcc

Im setting up a 10 Gallon reef and I'm going to post updates on it here and how it got, fell free to give any feedback 

• Like 1
ggabrielcc

about a month ago I added sand, 1/2 dry and 1/2 from an already established tank, I added a small pump and heater just to try get the bacteria up asap

IMG_8292.jpg

• Like 1
ggabrielcc

I got myself a teszla giesemann with a bluetooth box for £100, I also got some live rock and a eheim canister filter 

IMG_8293.PNG

• Like 1
ggabrielcc

I then added an island in some open space, still thinking of a coral or corals I could put here, maybe even an rock flower anemone as my bfs has an anemone crab I have reserved 

IMG_8290.jpg

• Like 1
ggabrielcc

its now been up a month and I added 2 turban snails and 2 common hermits, adding an anemone crab soon and thinking of some corals to add and where to place them, I have a Xenia frag from my other tank in here as a test. Any thoughts on corals and their placement is more that welcome 🙂

IMG_8289.jpg

• Like 1

Try and get some spare shells for the Hermits, otherwise they'll go after each other and your snails, You'll need a mix of sizes and shapes

Looking good, that's a nice light and a really nice price

ggabrielcc
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Try and get some spare shells for the Hermits, otherwise they'll go after each other and your snails, You'll need a mix of sizes and shapes

Looking good, that's a nice light and a really nice price

alright thanks I never knew about that, I have a few old shells around the house ill chuck in 🙂

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
ggabrielcc

update on the reef, it turns out it isn't 10 gallons, its actually about 8 gallons altogether but only 7 in the tank. everything is going very well, I just got a zoo to test out and its doing very well, only got it a day ago but its pretty much fully open, I also am seeing a lot of copepods which is good as well and the diatoms are starting to slow down, they used to turn the whose sand bed orange wishing hours now its more of a light dusting over the whole day. I plan to get some more corals in a couple days, I'm not 100% sure what to get but I know I'm going to get some nicer zoas but apart from the zoas I'm scratching my head a bit, all I know is I mostly want corals that fluores. I may frag my cabbage leather in my 15 gallon as its huge but if anyone has any other good ideas they're more than welcome :).

IMG_8486.jpg

ggabrielcc
Just now, ggabrielcc said:

update on the reef, it turns out it isn't 10 gallons, its actually about 8 gallons altogether but only 7 in the tank. everything is going very well, I just got a zoo to test out and its doing very well, only got it a day ago but its pretty much fully open, I also am seeing a lot of copepods which is good as well and the diatoms are starting to slow down, they used to turn the whose sand bed orange wishing hours now its more of a light dusting over the whole day. I plan to get some more corals in a couple days, I'm not 100% sure what to get but I know I'm going to get some nicer zoas but apart from the zoas I'm scratching my head a bit, all I know is I mostly want corals that fluores. I may frag my cabbage leather in my 15 gallon as its huge but if anyone has any other good ideas they're more than welcome :).

IMG_8486.jpg

also I don't really see the left side of the tank much, its mostly the front and right side although maybe some gorgonians would be nice on the left side as I think they would look really cool growing out from the side of the rock, another thing I'm puzzled about is what to put on the back rock, its quite high but not directly under light so I don't think it gets too much but it stands out from the front view, I was thinking maybe a nice couple of mushrooms? I'm not too sure really, and as I said any ideas would be greatly appreciated 🙂