Cultivated Reef

Plastic mesh for lid

John6911

Does anyone know where to buy at maybe a local store that clear plastic mesh to cut and make a small cover for the center hole in my fluval evo 5? I see it for sale as a kit online but it’s very pricey. I only need like 3 inches by 10 inch piece. Thanks! 

67960207-5D74-48B3-B450-F1114FE00AD8.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I know this is kinda old but since no one replied I thought I would.  I just did a DIY paver project and the mesh was between the layers of pavers, so maybe hit the garden center and see if you can grab a piece from one of the pallets.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 12:34 PM, John6911 said:

Does anyone know where to buy at maybe a local store that clear plastic mesh to cut and make a small cover for the center hole in my fluval evo 5? I see it for sale as a kit online but it’s very pricey. I only need like 3 inches by 10 inch piece. Thanks! 

67960207-5D74-48B3-B450-F1114FE00AD8.jpeg

Did you end up coming up with something? My favorite lil fishies are residing in my Evo 5; I’d hate to lose any of them if they were to try to jump. 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, Tired said:

Check Ebay for "clear mesh screen", and you should find something for $10 or less. 

On 8/27/2020 at 4:54 PM, Wingy said:

For a cheap diy would a hair net fit over the tank?

2 hours ago, DSA65PRO said:

Check the Dollar Store. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Tom@HaslettMI
On 8/26/2020 at 11:01 AM, banasophia said:

Did you end up coming up with something? My favorite lil fishies are residing in my Evo 5; I’d hate to lose any of them if they were to try to jump. 

I probably have a scrap piece.  Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll dig through the fish drawers.  Free if I find any. 

Tom

• Like 1