ReefCleaners.org

Algae ID

IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut

Hey guys. I just wanted to double check and see what you think.

I've had a small (thankfully) hair algae problem the last few months, but I started dosing ReefRoids and I think it's causing another stringy algae to grow. 

I'm thinking they're dinos but it could also possibly be more hair algae? 

I usually do my weekly water change ~1 hr after giving the ReefRoids, but I'm going to start giving 1/4 of what I give now and hopefully that will help. 

The only other place this stringy algae grows is on my filter, powerhead, and glass so far.

Thank you!!

IMG_5323.thumb.JPG.d16385caaab1eee0d3a4dc4265272776.JPG

• Like 1

I had something similar looking in the RSM under similar circumstances (roids +GHA) it only grew on weir comb, glass corners and wavemaker. It went away for me in the end with the GHA, my TSB used to eat it so I never really worried. 

How longs the tank been up for, I think I saw mine at months 4-6.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

I had something similar looking in the RSM under similar circumstances (roids +GHA) it only grew on weir comb, glass corners and wavemaker. It went away for me in the end with the GHA, my TSB used to eat it so I never really worried. 

How longs the tank been up for, I think I saw mine at months 4-6.

Thanks Ratvan! You’ve eased my mind. That’s exactly where it’s growing, so I’m really not under the impression that it’s dinos. The tank has been up for I think about a year and a half now, but I only just started dosing reefroids the last couple of months. 
I’ve been meaning to get more snails but things are still tight here.

• Like 1