Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Positive online clam orders

My tiny reef

My tiny reef

Anyone have recent positive experiences with reasonably priced online clam orders? I’m looking for a smaller sized 2-3” , nice blue colored maxima or crocea clam to add to the tank.  I’m running into a lot of out of stock or a $200-$300 or more price tags. Any suggestions appreciated.  

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just got one from yourreef.com.  Not sure if they have any left.  Their contact and policy information is sketchy and in some cases non-existant that I can find but I went ahead and ordered a 2" Crocea from them.  I think they still have some in stock.  Not sure.  The clam arrived today and I think had been through some temperature extremes aside from the shipping stress.  The water in the bag measured 71 degrees when it arrived.  : /. It was gaping and its foot was shredded and attached to a small piece of rock but not to the clam.  I didn't notice any parasites although I didn't look closely.  I floated it in the tank for a while and tested the salinity which was within .0002 points of mine.  I didn't turn off the lights initially which I think was somewhat shocking to the clam but turned them off shortly after.  I turned on the light for a little bit at the end of my light cycle which I think it liked.  When the light went off I fed it a little phytoplankton.  It seems to be doing a little bit better but only time will tell.  Its entry slit is more closed than when it first arrived.  It responds to vibration and light.  Have to see if without a foot it is ok.

• 1 month later...

Following because I've been wanting a crocea for a long time now! I've heard good things about Pacific East Aquaculture, and they have several beautiful maximas under $100.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, jeffmr4 said:

Hello,

I just got one from yourreef.com.  Not sure if they have any left.  Their contact and policy information is sketchy and in some cases non-existant that I can find but I went ahead and ordered a 2" Crocea from them.  I think they still have some in stock.  Not sure.  The clam arrived today and I think had been through some temperature extremes aside from the shipping stress.  The water in the bag measured 71 degrees when it arrived.  : /. It was gaping and its foot was shredded and attached to a small piece of rock but not to the clam.  I didn't notice any parasites although I didn't look closely.  I floated it in the tank for a while and tested the salinity which was within .0002 points of mine.  I didn't turn off the lights initially which I think was somewhat shocking to the clam but turned them off shortly after.  I turned on the light for a little bit at the end of my light cycle which I think it liked.  When the light went off I fed it a little phytoplankton.  It seems to be doing a little bit better but only time will tell.  Its entry slit is more closed than when it first arrived.  It responds to vibration and light.  Have to see if without a foot it is ok.

Hows the clam doing ? Im looking to get another crocea.  Never herd of these guys. I got the one I have from LiveAquaria. Trusted seller.

Hello dling,

It is doing very well.  I have fed it some phytoplankton occasionally and it is under an ecotech radion which all my corals seem to love.  I dose a little iodine occasionally, cal, mg and alkalinity and some red sea reef energy ab+ all of which seem to help things.