Coral Vue Hydros

• mipster changed the title to The not an Evo anymore Redemption Reef - SHOOT ZOA POX! HELP!

Shitshit SHIT! Just noticed these little pimples on some of my zoas. They are concentrated just on this one newer frag. I'm in Canada Furan 2 is not something I can get my hands on and I'm not finding any other treatments on the internet. Is there something I can do? Should I just chuck the frag and pray it hasn't spread? HELP ME NANO REEF, You're my only hope!

662350372_WhatsAppImage2021-12-05at3_02_35PM.thumb.jpeg.d9aed617f71692085eba3be37ed10fef.jpeg

I'd get a second opinion on if that is zoa pox. If it is, yeah, probably just chuck it, unless it's something super valuable. Looks like Magicians to me? 

Actually, don't chuck it. Dip it in 3% hydrogen peroxide, undiluted, and put it in a gallon of clean saltwater separate from the tank. Put some sort of light over the tank, add a pump if you can, and give it half a chance. It needs to come out of the tank, but there's no reason you can't just put it in something else. 

I ended up chucking it. I don't have anything with a light etc I could put it in and I really didn't want to chance anything. It was a $25 frag of magicians. I love that colour morph but I can easily track down another piece down the road. But for now I'm just going to be closely watching my zoas and praying it hasn't spread. I'm like 95% sure it was zoa pox from my image googling.

• Sad 1
  • mipster changed the title to The not an Evo anymore Redemption Reef - Stylin' lighting
On 12/11/2021 at 1:15 AM, Tired said:

Magicians are really fast-spreading, so you shouldn't have a hard time tracking down some more. Hoping the pox didn't spread. 

So far I haven't seen any other angry closed zoas with pimples so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've noticed one of my blastos is receeding a bit. It's in a back corner so I'm not sure if it's a not enough flow or light situation, I don't think it would be anything else so I'll start with the flow and go from there. Just one little change at a time!

I've also been inspired by a stunning tank I saw on the waterbox instagram the other day. I would really like to try some lovely hanging solution for my lights because the mounting arms really do bug me. They looks kinda clunky and ugly and I would like something really sleek looking.

Here is the tank that initially inspired me. Talk about tank goals, right?!

1678418626_WhatsAppImage2021-12-12at3_23_50PM.thumb.jpeg.436dd043a7dfff99b4c6abd0e791113c.jpeg

But rather then 2 pendants, I think I would like to have a single rectangular fixture similar to this one (but not quite as long probably) and maybe have room to add in a reef bright strip in there for a little extra oomph and coverage (plus I'm currently dreaming up an upgrade which the coverage would be good for 👀 )

9f6eb5614e2315a567a27d596f972bf3.jpeg.8c732920f4656dfab2ad7c0a5c2046bd.jpeg

Has anyone out here in nano-reef land ever done something similar? I would love to bend someone's ear about how they did the cable management on it all.

• Like 1
  • mipster changed the title to The not an Evo anymore Redemption Reef - Meet Hector

I did a little boxing day shopping and bought something that wasn't on sale... soooo typical lol but I've always wanted a clam and I finally felt ready to try!

I have named him Hector, he's a corcea clam that I got at Fragbox, my go-to LFS here in Toronto Ontario. if you're in the area, go. If you're Canadian, you can shop online though the clams are currently not on the website yet.

1931500796_WhatsAppImage2021-12-28at12_58_08PM.thumb.jpeg.6ea48c1f221c127a8ef743360a88547c.jpeg

Isn't he stunning?! 

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...