Coral Vue Hydros

Nano-Reef.com 19th Birthday Celebration! 🎂

Christopher Marks

Happy birthday, NR! What a great way to celebrate. I've been doing a @Cannedfish, mysteriously (lazily) dropping out because life happens, and just happened to notice all these nice people mentioning my name - thanks, everyone :blush:

Here's a picture of my very first reef tank, the 4g pico that started it all for me. 

16030095941_589f2cf959_b.jpg&key=498098a

As a special birthday present, I promise to post some updated pictures finally, and get my new build thread started :ninja:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Happy birthday, NR! What a great way to celebrate. I've been doing a @Cannedfish, mysteriously (lazily) dropping out because life happens, and just happened to notice all these nice people mentioning my name - thanks, everyone :blush:

Here's a picture of my very first reef tank, the 4g pico that started it all for me. 

16030095941_589f2cf959_b.jpg&key=498098a

As a special birthday present, I promise to post some updated pictures finally, and get my new build thread started :ninja:

Wow! I need to send you a Micro-Reefs Aquariums with the type of display you make!

• Like 5
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 8:49 AM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Happy Birthday Nano-Reef!

There is a lot I could say, but I will do my best to keep it simple.   I don't recall exactly when I found nano-reef.   It was most likely a slow day at the office watching Youtube videos about tanks and decided to start researching.    A google image search led me here because of @teenyreef and his IM Nuvo 10.   His tank was the first nano that really gave me the confidence that I could have a nice tank of my own.   However I lurked, asked a ton of questions, and did a ton of research before I even put water into my tank.   I hoped to once be noticed like his tank, but was completely floored when I was featured as the Nano Reef of the Month in May of 2018.   A lot of changes have happened since then, but I keep rolling on!

This forum has been such a great wealth of information and encouragement over the 3 years of having my tank up and running.   I have been asked many times through my Instagram on how to set up a tank, etc., and I always point them in this direction.     This is the best place to get all the information you need for little tanks like ours.

Outside of tanks, I've gained some friendships for life.   I also received some memories I will never forget with my oldest child because of some generous members here.   Those members played a part in helping my daughter realize a dream of hers of going to Tokyo, and I just happened to be able to tag along.   I'm forever grateful to those members!

Thank you for the kind words @Ratvan   I want to also thank, @Cannedfish@Lawnman, @WV Reefer, @DSFIRSTSLTWATER ,@banasophia, @Sancho, @gone_PHiSHin, @SeaFurn, @dferrari13, @frahny, @TatorTaco, @Rory282, @Tamberav, and @HarryPotter for all of the inspiration, knowledge, and laughs.   

I of course I want to thank @Christopher Marks for giving all of us a wonderful place to learn, share, and make friends.   Without him none of us would have as beautiful tanks as we have now or planning to have.

Oh lastly I need to share a photo of the tank that started it all for me:

fts.thumb.jpg.4936b468fc7ffce5cad88c9cfa8ad8cc.jpg

Wow, another nano that I must salute!

• Like 6
mitten_reef
18 minutes ago, mikeguerrero said:

Wow, another nano that I must salute!

Pretty sure that last pic is also teeny’s, his currently-running IM10. Likely among Top5 on google image if you do a “IM10 nano reef” search. Just simply an amazing tank that inspired so many great IM 10 that followed. 

B5A58AF8-FC3F-4698-9A62-008BE8CA4DBA.thumb.png.78949feb3369c9be98ce7d5ffc3d1fd0.png

• Like 6
SURVEYMAN46123
On 4/25/2020 at 9:35 PM, mitten_reef said:

Pretty sure that last pic is also teeny’s, his currently-running IM10. Likely among Top5 on google image if you do a “IM10 nano reef” search. Just simply an amazing tank that inspired so many great IM 10 that followed. 

B5A58AF8-FC3F-4698-9A62-008BE8CA4DBA.thumb.png.78949feb3369c9be98ce7d5ffc3d1fd0.png

Woah, my Tank is right next to Teeny's on a google search?   Um that is unexpected and not worthy of being that high.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Woah, my Tank is right next to Teeny's on a google search?   Um that is unexpected and not worthy of being that high.

I don't know how high it is, really, but definitely equally worthy 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
mitten_reef
8 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

your tank is awesome!

5 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I don't know how high it is, really, but definitely equally worthy 🙂

That was my phone's screenshot, and you guys were 1 & 2 !!  NO SCROLLING!!  @Cannedfish's tank is on the bottom right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday NR!

Thank you CM for creating such a great place for us all and the work you do to keep it going.

Thank you to all the great folks on here, the help given and the friendships made- it's what makes NR such a great place.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ChristopherDido

Happy Birthday Nano-reef. I know I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say I'm thankful for this community and for the joys of two awesome contests I was able to be a part of! Miss my "jar" reef. 

• Like 3
Frag Factory

I can't remember my first tank, but I remember making the stupidest post I think I have ever written on this forum.

I was fairly young when I joined this place, I would like to think I have matured but somehow doubt that's true.

• Haha 6
Christopher Marks

So many amazing memories, I really enjoyed these posts! Thank you everyone for your kind words and fun memories. I love seeing some of these past tanks and hearing about early inspirations that got people into the hobby. It's amazing to reflect on how far we've come!

Our Nano-Reef.com Sticker Pack winners have now been randomly selected from those who shared a post, congrats to the following 19 winners!

1. @Pjanssen
  2. @Lorenz725
  3. @Scorched
  4. @ender wiggin
  5. @NoOneLikesADryTang
  6. @MrsK
  7. @The Rainy Day Aquarium
  8. @Sharbuckle
  9. @Tempestas
  10. @Seea
  11. @KMitch
  12. @DAHNIC561
  13. @Joevember
  14. @Ratvan
  15. @ef4life
  16. @Spencer7
  17. @EthanPhillyCheesesteak
  18. @Cannedfish
  19. @debbeach13

Thanks everyone for your patience while I get these mailed out. I'll message you all individually for mailing addresses. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 4
mitten_reef
6 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

So many amazing memories, I really enjoyed these posts! Thank you everyone for your kind words and fun memories. I love seeing some of these past tanks and hearing about early inspirations that got people into the hobby. It's amazing to reflect on how far we've come!

Our Nano-Reef.com Sticker Pack winners have now been randomly selected from those who shared a post, congrats to the following 19 winners!

1. @Pjanssen
  2. @Lorenz725
  3. @Scorched
  4. @ender wiggin
  5. @NoOneLikesADryTang
  6. @MrsK
  7. @The Rainy Day Aquarium
  8. @Sharbuckle
  9. @Tempestas
  10. @Seea
  11. @KMitch
  12. @DAHNIC561
  13. @Joevember
  14. @Ratvan
  15. @ef4life
  16. @Spencer7
  17. @EthanPhillyCheesesteak
  18. @Cannedfish
  19. @debbeach13

Thanks everyone for your patience while I get these mailed out. I'll message you all individually for mailing addresses. 🙂

I think #18 was supposed to be @mitten_reef

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
Cannedfish
35 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I think #18 was supposed to be @mitten_reef

Nice try you rum guzzling scallywag!  You’re going to have to pry this clear acknowledgment of my awesomeness from my cold dead hands... which for good measure I’ve cut off and locked in a safe. 

Then again, I’m half expecting this to be a masterfully orchestrated prank by @Christopher Marks where, after my great victory finally obtaining some NR swag, the following sticker is going to arrive in the mail. 

1EE9E3CC-F1B7-4451-B1C6-E994582C27CA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
  • 3 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey Chris,

Why did I not win? Is it because I make aquariums, so I cannot qualify?  Just kidden, super talented reefers made the list, I personally salute all of them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic
Christopher Marks

You’re very welcome! Glad they’re arriving safe.

The stickers are waterproof and dishwasher safe, they look great on tanks, laptops, car windows, or your favorite mug. I’ve had one on a stainless steel mug for a few years now, still looks great! 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2