Cultivated Reef

Choosing A New Nano Tank

CollegeReefer

CollegeReefer

Hey everyone, I had a Fluval Evo 13.5 set up as my first tank. Had tons of fun and learned everything I now know about the hobby from that tank. Unfortunately, the Evo is no longer with me. With that said, I am planning on starting a new project with something a little bigger. I was hoping someone can help me decide and give their thoughts on the following tanks that I'm thinking of.

• Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 25g Lagoon
  • Waterbox 20 cube
  • Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20g
  • Fiji Cube 20g Peninsula AIO

These are just the main options that I have been looking at. I definitely don't want to go over 25g because that might become too large for the space I have available. Needless to say, the list above is in the order of what I like most to what I like least, at the moment. If anyone has any experience with any of these systems please let me know. Also, if anyone has any other great recommendations that I should look at, I would appreciate that. 

Thanks again

These are all pretty similar, it really comes down to your goals, space, and aesthetics. Honestly, I’m not sure how a Evo 13.5 is all that much different from the listed AIOs, a few inches? Things change if you get into wanting a sump, etc. Need more info. 

CollegeReefer
4 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

These are all pretty similar, it really comes down to your goals, space, and aesthetics. Honestly, I’m not sure how a Evo 13.5 is all that much different from the listed AIOs, a few inches? Things change if you get into wanting a sump, etc. Need more info. 

@Cannedfish

You are right, there is not a ton of difference between these tanks and the Evo 13.5... But, unfortunately I don't have the Evo 13.5 with me anymore. I would get that tank again, but I'm hoping to increase the water volume as much as I can for the space that I have. With that said, the max I can do is up to 25 gallons, which is a decent increase from the Evo. I would like to stick to All In One systems because I feel like they are budget friendly and easy to work with. 

I suppose I can give you some more information on my goals: I want to set up a tank so that it is easy to maintain. Not planning on dosing or adding any SPS to the tank. Only maintenance I plan on doing is weekly water changes, scrubbing glass, replacing filter floss, and cleaning the rear chambers as needed. The setup would look minimalist as possible, so I would want to get a stand that can hide my ATO reservoir. 

I'm still in the early stages of planning the project, first thing I want to do is just hear what people recommend most for tanks around  20-25 gallons

• 2 weeks later...