Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Back into the scene after getting out of the army.

Doc Reptar

Hello everyone. My name is Troy.  I am just getting back into reefkeeping after doing 4 years in the army. I had a few tanks in high school but I was on a little tighter budget back then. I was planning on getting a red sea reefer 350 and setting it up for mostly sps. I am open to other tanks at the moment but I still think that is my best option. I have a Geissman aurora 48" that I found for a good deal. I have been reading some mixed things on that light and SPS. I am not set on the tank or the light for that matter I could sell it and get something different. Right now I have a trashcan with about 50lbs of rock and I put microbacter7 in it and threw a shrimp in. The trashcan has been cycling for almost a year now. Ive been waiting so long to get the tank because I am finally moving to a house I think I will stay in for a while. The plan so far is pretty much just doing the zeovit. I will be comparing the brightwell aquatics to the KZ and making the determination on which to use.

• Like 3

Basically now. I'm living in a really nice town home but rent is expensive and a relative of my fiance is renting us her home because she moved in with her boyfriend. I we are just waiting on a few things and this time I decided to treat myself with movers. I also think the reefer 350 is the best choice. Ive been looking at other brands such as cadlights, waterbox and the fiji one. I think the reefer is my best bet. Also I might need to upgrade my light if I get a bigger tank. I just have heard a lot of complaints about the sump

• Like 2

Nice choice on the reefer. I have one myself.  Look into the waterbox systems and see which one you like better. 

Welcome

Happy reefing 😎🍻

• Like 1