Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

chemi-pure

karisma

SliceGolfer

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/chemi-pure-blue-boyd-enterprises.html

By combining premium pelletized carbon with specialized ion-exchange resins and placing these inside of a fine-mesh nylon media bag, Chemi-Pure Blue delivers a convenient and effective way to rapidly remove organic compounds and improve water clarity in your aquarium. The premium-grade carbon and scavenging resins are able to effectively reduce dissolved wastes, odors, phenols, toxins, medications, and even phosphates and silicates. Another benefit of the reduction of dissolved organics in the water column is a natural increase in REDOX, allowing for more efficient breakdown of solid wastes in the aquarium. This will have a positive effect on coral and fish health, assist in maintaining system stability, and improve the overall appearance of your aquarium.”

3 hours ago, karisma said:

Hi. Im hoping that someone will be able to tell me if chemipure blue works like chemipure elite and removes phosphates? 

Why do you want to remove phosphates? Your corals need it.

The additional media in chemipure carbon can quickly exhaust as there is very little of it so it may help for a bit but once its exhausted is need replacing.

It's easier controlling the situation with using individual medias and use if/when needed rather than regularly as using phosphate reducers regularly can strip the tank quickly.

4 hours ago, SliceGolfer said:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/chemi-pure-blue-boyd-enterprises.html

By combining premium pelletized carbon with specialized ion-exchange resins and placing these inside of a fine-mesh nylon media bag, Chemi-Pure Blue delivers a convenient and effective way to rapidly remove organic compounds and improve water clarity in your aquarium. The premium-grade carbon and scavenging resins are able to effectively reduce dissolved wastes, odors, phenols, toxins, medications, and even phosphates and silicates. Another benefit of the reduction of dissolved organics in the water column is a natural increase in REDOX, allowing for more efficient breakdown of solid wastes in the aquarium. This will have a positive effect on coral and fish health, assist in maintaining system stability, and improve the overall appearance of your aquarium.”

Thanks man. I should have just looked at your highlighted part. Lol 

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Why do you want to remove phosphates? Your corals need it.

The additional media in chemipure carbon can quickly exhaust as there is very little of it so it may help for a bit but once its exhausted is need replacing.

It's easier controlling the situation with using individual medias and use if/when needed rather than regularly as using phosphate reducers regularly can strip the tank quickly.

Im getting a little algea growing on my corals and its bugging me. Perhaps i can make the middle chamber in the sump a refugium and itll be taken care of naturally.

1 hour ago, karisma said:

Im getting a little algea growing on my corals and its bugging me. Perhaps i can make the middle chamber in the sump a refugium and itll be taken care of naturally.

Do you test phosphate? Or nitrate.

Algae is normal and a good cuc and manual removal is far safer than using media which can quickly turn an easy problem into a big one

20 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Do you test phosphate? Or nitrate.

Algae is normal and a good cuc and manual removal is far safer than using media which can quickly turn an easy problem into a big one

I test phosphate which is a little high. I need to get a few more hermit crabs. Ive got three of my turbo snails that help o utm i was using microbactor 7 which I've since stopped.

1 hour ago, karisma said:

I test phosphate which is a little high. I need to get a few more hermit crabs. Ive got three of my turbo snails that help o utm i was using microbactor 7 which I've since stopped.

Well you may need more than just turbos. Different snails eat different algae's/detritus.

Algae can be caused by numerous things, having algae is normal and part of the ecosystem. 

Your phos isn't that high.

Mine is at 0.25, I consider that high.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...

Yes chemipure blue and elite both contain GFO and will remove phosphates. Probably better to just buy GFO and a media bag though, that way you can use the correct amount for your tank. Decreasing phosphate too quickly can distress your corals.