Pod Your Reef

AI prime 16(HD

Reefer-begginer

Reefer-begginer

Hey all, so 1st things first, I'm new to saltwater ( been going strong for 4 months ). Haven't really had any issues with my lighting but was needing a new light schedule/setup as I got some hammers/micromussa corals that would love a better lighting arrangement.

If you could help me out with getting better lighting towards them, I would greatly appreciate it.

Screenshot_20200419-210917_myAI.jpg

mitten_reef

If that's your schedule in the original post, AND that you have two Prime lights running those, you shouldn't have trouble growing hammer or acan.  I'd even venture out to say your lighting is probably too high for what you're keeping right now, as well as where the hammer is located.

• how did you arrive at those settings, considering you only kept softies previously?   
  • What prompted you to ask for "better lighting" initially, i.e. are corals not looking well?  
  • Why are the two lights positioned at different heights? 

Reefer-begginer

Only reason both are positioned at different heights is the stands they are on(braces) are jammed at those heights so I wish I could change them but still waiting on new stands(braces) for them.

Those settings are from the AI prime website ( Tony Rodgers i belive is the setting ).

And better lighting as I think a few of the hammers are bleaching and I'm not to sure why( first assumption was parameters, but those are stable besides calcium at around 500 ). And that's only for the hammers and I'm not to sure how the micromussa will do under these lights as the micromussa is based on the bottom of my tank along with some other corals.

Guess I should also say, I kept softies only to test my lights ( if they melted or not ). I know that's a bad way of seeing if the lights will work, but it was what I was suggested as my xenia/kenya was 1$ each.