Jump to content
naothan

conch/snails normal?

Recommended Posts

naothan

my conch,snails sometime go up the glass and stay where the water ends ...isnt a conch supposed to bore threw sand ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

I've never seen a conch go on glass but all the other snails I have do it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
5 hours ago, naothan said:

my conch,snails sometime go up the glass and stay where the water ends ...isnt a conch supposed to bore threw sand ? 

Pics?

22 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I've never seen a conch go on glass but all the other snails I have do it.

i think @Tamberav has a conch that climbs. It’s crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Yes mine goes cruising to the top sometimes at night... I have no idea how he manages to do it. 

 

Found the photos. To be fair I let the glass get pretty dirty sometimes.

 

 

45164422601_3024c8b194_c.jpg&key=a0efc59

 

 

 

He's got a beefy appendage.... 

 

trogdor.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Yes mine goes cruising to the top sometimes at night... I have no idea how he manages to do it. 

 

Found the photos. To be fair I let the glass get pretty dirty sometimes.

 

 

45164422601_3024c8b194_c.jpg&key=a0efc59

 

 

 

He's got a beefy appendage.... 

 

trogdor.png

I guess it's normal then😊

 

Never saw mine do it but it's very possible it may have

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
hinnenkm

Mine do the same. Conchs just don't do it often enough for it to be typical behavior 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tired

My dwarf ceriths hang out near the top sometimes. I had been worried at first, because in freshwater that can mean your oxygen level is low, but I think this is just something saltwater snails do. Probably because a lot of the snails we keep are tidepool animals. I think it also comes from them just going along in a straight line until they reach the edge of how far they can go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
naothan

i will get pics today  thanks for all the replys

 

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
On 4/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, WV Reefer said:

Pics?

i think @Tamberav has a conch that climbs. It’s crazy. 

TA DA!

IMG_7462.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
3 minutes ago, naothan said:

TA DA!

IMG_7462.jpg

What a weirdo. 😄 its hard to believe they can haul themselves up like that. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...