Cultivated Reef

I hate UPS

5*Chris

yeah I would give it a try!  you have nothing to lose except time...but like you said it could be a fun project.

you can get pre -cut sheets of glass low iron even from you local glass shop or even glass cages. I would shop around and watch a ton of YT videos.

I think you can do it. might want to practice on some scrap glass you get your silicone joint to look good. but hey even if they dont look 100% its a free tank. think of all the fish and coral you can add to the tank.

keep us posted what you do!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Saltslinger

I have multiple family members at UPS and the stories they tell...  😂

Absolutely hilarious unless it's your package. I was looking into a fiji 20 peninsula but now I'm not so sure haha. 

ECLS Reefer

I got a jar of pods from Algaebarn the other day and they use USPS. It's always an ominous sign when they just put the box in a plastic bag. It looked like someone had sat on the jar-  the lid was crushed and the seal busted and there were maybe 5 live pods in the puddle in the box. 

20 hours ago, Saltslinger said:

I have multiple family members at UPS and the stories they tell...  😂

Absolutely hilarious unless it's your package. I was looking into a fiji 20 peninsula but now I'm not so sure haha. 

It's always my package 🤣. When I went for a tour at the facility, the workers either didn't know they were getting inspected or just dgaf. I watched boxes getting slid down rows of stairs, thrown to other conveyers, tires being thrown down to lower levels lol. I could tell the manager was livid, but tried to ignore what was happening, maybe thinking if he didn't pay it any mind I wouldn't either. 

They did deliver my salt bucket yesterday undamaged. I can't really be mad, their destruction if my Fiji cube tank (twice) ultimately made for a better build.

18 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I got a jar of pods from Algaebarn the other day and they use USPS. It's always an ominous sign when they just put the box in a plastic bag. It looked like someone had sat on the jar-  the lid was crushed and the seal busted and there were maybe 5 live pods in the puddle in the box. 

My wife used to work at USPS and she used to say their warehouse was pretty rough with packages as well. She always told me about the packages in bags getting loaded on her truck, those were her worst days lol.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, AquaVaj said:

From what I read you don't want to de-rim a tank unless you know how to sand down the edges. It's going to be sharp and pretty rough.

I derimmed a 20l before, wasn't too bad. I was just always worried about the integrity of the tank, such much so that I ended up swapping tanks. The guy I sold it to had been using it for a couple years now with no problems. For me, if i derimmed another tank, I'd definitely brace it. I'm still trying to trust that the 2 holes I put in this 40b, nevermind...I better not say it🤞🏽