Top Shelf Aquatics

36 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

Haha that’s great! 

Let me know how you get on.. I’m tempted head over myself but I need sort my water first... 

On the upside I noticed I’ve got three new mushrooms in my tank I didn’t know about 😂😂

Yeah man it's always good to find free stuff...

Watched a full hour on flow from BSR YouTube. Jesus it was mind numbing but I did learn a few things. So going to do some tinkering with then pump n wavemaker later...

My god lockdown is boring ... Would usually be sitting in a boozer watching the world go by on a Saturday 🤣

• Haha 1

Looking a bit better pH odd but not bothered 

°C🌡️: 26 °C

pH: 7.8 

NH3: 0 ppm

NO2: 0 ppm

NO3: 2 ppm

PO4: 0.03 ppm

Salinity: 1.024 SG

dKh: 8 dKH

Ca: 420 ppm

Mag: 1330 ppm

This is bastard will be out and about soon 

IMG_20201107_150839.jpg

• Like 2

Going good. Few images under white light. 

Duncan has 3 new large polyps that are about the same size as the original now

IMG_20201111_175223.jpg

The Monty has started to grow well and polyps seem to be doubling. The YCG sites either under or on top of it. But Monty seems to be fine with it.

IMG_20201111_175306.jpg

Sand is a bit snoty still but not as bad as last week...

IMG_20201111_175110.jpg

• Like 1
On 10/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Omg, I think this is the same monti that I have (and accidently broke into 3 pieces). Does this have a name? Been trying to look for it online but no luck. Mine looks like this:

IMG_20201021_155954_130.thumb.jpg.fcbccc1b450801851f157444c778dfe5.jpg

I glued it the wrong way though, but it's now encrusted to the rock. 🤔

Yes. 😊👍

@Grimeseither of you two get a name on that piece? I only just remembered the question. Is it montipora hirsuta? 

So the Emerald crab has been in the display since Friday night he is doing pretty well and not shown any signs of being a zoa murderer this time. But there is a good stock of algae in the rock for him to go at 👍🏼

Edited by Grimes
Update

I have read that it's a bad idea, talked to people who tell me it's a bad idea BUT....

I have glued on my GSP and attached Caulerpa Taxifolia to the back area of my main live rock display. The idea is to keep it there where I have no real coral or anything of interest for that matter. When ever I see either of them growing toward the side or front I will prune away. 

The idea is that I don't want a 2d display and that there is interest all the way around the tank, framing the expensive great looking coral in the prime areas 

• Like 1