ReefCleaners.org

4 minutes ago, Grimes said:

I killed that one but there is another I can't get... As soon as I do pal you can have it 👍🏼

Cheers, want to see if it will consume what I think is Zoa Pox and leave the healthy ones alone. Dipping makes it look so much worse

• Like 1

Struggling with what do with my sump in the aio. Currently have a sponge which I will remove, and a bit of floss, heater and return are pretty much all I have I there. I have a 5 or 6 led marine light on the back waiting on some macroalgae. 

Is there anything else once I pull the sponge I should be thinking about?

3 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Struggling with what do with my sump in the aio. Currently have a sponge which I will remove, and a bit of floss, heater and return are pretty much all I have I there. I have a 5 or 6 led marine light on the back waiting on some macroalgae. 

Is there anything else once I pull the sponge I should be thinking about?

Only extra thing I run is an air stone to try and get more crap in my filter floss

• Like 1

Just figured out what to put in the rear chamber.... The bloody emerald crab! Sat watching in sheer amazement as he starting eating through my zoas! 

Will keep him for algae problems and move him back into the display if food source ramps up, but in his defence I suppose if you need to eat and there is nothing around then you'll take what you can? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

So having the bumblebee snails for over 2 weeks they have hardly moved. I read that this can often be the case and that they enjoy a deeper sand bed. Odd little buggers seem to hover around the same area.... Definitely alive as at night the do circle around a bit ...

Next up tomorrow is to tease the GSP off the rock it's on and glue to the back wall. Will fire some pictures up of the job tomorrow 👍🏼

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Grimes said:

So having the bumblebee snails for over 2 weeks they have hardly moved. I read that this can often be the case and that they enjoy a deeper sand bed. Odd little buggers seem to hover around the same area.... Definitely alive as at night the do circle around a bit ...

Next up tomorrow is to tease the GSP off the rock it's on and glue to the back wall. Will fire some pictures up of the job tomorrow 👍🏼

I was actually really tempted to get some bumblebees when I was next out. I need something to tackle my rock work and heard they can often do a good job of it

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

I was actually really tempted to get some bumblebees when I was next out. I need something to tackle my rock work and heard they can often do a good job of it

Mine are on the sand and haven't looked at the rock yet as far as I'm aware... 

Quantum products mate.. look them up work a treat in no time at all.. aggressive though.

17 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Mine are on the sand and haven't looked at the rock yet as far as I'm aware... 

Quantum products mate.. look them up work a treat in no time at all.. aggressive though.

if they won't get on the rock, put them on it... 😄 I once spent most of a weekend putting my snails where I wanted them to feed.. obviously I didn't sit there all day watching them but I did move them everytime I walked past (and that was often as I kept purposely going back 😄)

I'll have a look at the quantum stuff though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Grimes said:

Monti .... Been wanting to try SPS for a while but a bit worried that water parameters are a bit wonky sometimes, but at £10 I thought I might as well give it a go and see how we get on.

IMG_20201024_124810.jpg

IMG_20201024_140948.jpg

Omg, I think this is the same monti that I have (and accidently broke into 3 pieces). Does this have a name? Been trying to look for it online but no luck. Mine looks like this:

IMG_20201021_155954_130.thumb.jpg.fcbccc1b450801851f157444c778dfe5.jpg

I glued it the wrong way though, but it's now encrusted to the rock. 🤔

2 hours ago, Grimes said:

Inadvertently broke a small piece of the Monti must have been when I was gluing it to the rock.. I assume I can remove it and glue it else where ?

Yes. 😊👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Omg, I think this is the same monti that I have (and accidently broke into 3 pieces). Does this have a name? Been trying to look for it online but no luck. Mine looks like this:

IMG_20201021_155954_130.thumb.jpg.fcbccc1b450801851f157444c778dfe5.jpg

I glued it the wrong way though, but it's now encrusted to the rock. 🤔

Yes. 😊👍

I forgot the full name.. going back to the LFS this week so will find out then..

Great news about the frag I broke it's about 2 inch in size and the main piece is about 4 inch. So it's a big bit of it 🤣

• Like 1

Updated tank shot, things are starting to fill out and new animals seem fine.. 

It's been a couple of weeks since I moved the tank and all parameters seem to be stable other than pH which seems to jump around a little. dKH seems ok at 8 

IMG_20201025_134137.jpg

• Like 3

Been a week since I did the full range of testing and mag seems to have dropped a bit: 

Tuesday 27/10 19:25

°C🌡️: 26 °C

pH: 8.0 

NO3: 0 ppm - need to let this come up a bit

PO4: 0.03 ppm

Salinity: 1.024 SG

dKh: 8.0 dKH

Ca: 440 ppm

Mag: 1290 ppm - dropped from 1320

21 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

out of interest, which test kits are you using?

I'm due to renew soon(ish)

Bit of a mixed bag really dude. 

API for Ca, pH, dKH, Nitrate, Ammonia, 

Hannah for Phosphate

Salifert for Mag

• Like 1