Top Shelf Aquatics

Can't get a good shot of this bad boy but it's very purple 

IMG_20201003_211042.jpg

Found a bit of a trend in the yellow clown goby. He hates change of any kind. Totally freaked out again after the addition of the firefish and new Coral. I see he is hanging out at the wavemaker most of the time and flashing against the rocks. Exact same as the last few times I have added new coral and most notably when the neon goby was introduced. I hope he settles again as he is without doubt the best, most personable fish I have ever had.. eats from my hand and always comes to the front of the tank to greet me when I walk past. Maybe he is pissed off with me? Who knows 😏

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Grimes said:

Yeah I went at is slow. Which is fine but it makes it look like a patch work quilt for ages cause of the mix if mature and new white rock .. 

Yeah 😞 I should just buy a new tank ... right?? 😀

• Haha 2

Noooooooooo! I've been far to busy thinking I'm cool and got complacent on cleaning the filtration in the back chamber.. nitrates are back up and GHA is coming back.. 

Quick 10% water change, clean the filter sponge and a wee bit of LR nitrate remover. It's currently at 10ppm so not terrible... I need to work on the config of that rear chamber this weekend before I have another 2 month of GHA ,😭😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Made a bit of a discovery last night when turning the pumps off to feed. Once he water slowed to standing. I noticed that the tank isn't level.. it's 40 cm front to back with a 2mm drop to the back.... I have no idea how I never noticed. Left to right it's bang on level though. Now I know about it, it concerns me..... Ah man!!!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Grimes said:

So what size did you decide on 🤣🤣

sorry mate, I've been offline for a few days..

I'd likely go for a Reefer 170. I'm massively tempted by a blackfriday deal, but I think I'll wait until the new year now and persevere with the 13.5 for now. 

• Like 2

Well it's a morning of tank leveling. I'll be getting some shims from B&Q this morning and enough new water for a 50% change. Get the 2mm sorted at the back and refill. What a pain in the ass... But once you notice something it can't be unseen!! 

It's been one of those... Can I really be arsed with this hobby weeks......

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Grimes said:

Well it's a morning of tank leveling. I'll be getting some shims from B&Q this morning and enough new water for a 50% change. Get the 2mm sorted at the back and refill. What a pain in the ass... But once you notice something it can't be unseen!! 

It's been one of those... Can I really be arsed with this hobby weeks......

I think you're right mate... close it all down and give it to another local keeper...... 😉 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, afcajax73 said:

I think you're right mate... close it all down and give it to another local keeper...... 😉 

Balls to that... 3 X bumblebee snails an emerald crab and 3 more Trochus snails in we go.. 

And a bottle of quantum LR nitrate remover with sweets from Kraken 

Keep trucking (aka spend more cash)

IMG_20201010_132040.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Reefer-begginer
58 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Been hunting this little bastard for days.. looks like he is missing some legs.... So there be more to look for 

IMG_20201017_152600.jpg

You can get a harlequin shrimp and it'll wipe it out in a few days 

• Thanks 1