Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Grimes

Yellow clown perching atop the Monti as usual

 

IMG_20201226_122545.jpg

 

The Monti is growing fingers @Snow_Phoenix, it is encrusting the frag plug at the back, but it seems to be reaching for the light everywhere else. how is yours doing?

See the GSP on the back wall behind the Monti has doubled in size in a month. Got a little GHA on It but it's receding a bit now. I'll get a better shot of it later. 

IMG_20201226_123006.jpg

 

The Pajama Cardinal patrolling the water, taking the odd swipe from the clown goby but he doesn't seem to mind too much

 

IMG_20201226_122610.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
2 hours ago, Grimes said:

Yellow clown perching atop the Monti as usual

 

IMG_20201226_122545.jpg

 

The Monti is growing fingers @Snow_Phoenix, it is encrusting the frag plug at the back, but it seems to be reaching for the light everywhere else. how is yours doing?

See the GSP on the back wall behind the Monti has doubled in size in a month. Got a little GHA on It but it's receding a bit now. I'll get a better shot of it later. 

IMG_20201226_123006.jpg

 

The Pajama Cardinal patrolling the water, taking the odd swipe from the clown goby but he doesn't seem to mind too much

 

IMG_20201226_122610.jpg

Mine's mostly encrusting to the LR - no fingers yet. The growth pattern in yours is very beautiful though! 😊

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Neon goby just hanging out in his newly dug out cave 

 

IMG_20201226_122722.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

As promised @Snow_Phoenix here is the progress on the GSP I glued to the back wall..it did have some GHA but that's now going away

IMG_20201228_134015.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
31 minutes ago, Grimes said:

As promised @Snow_Phoenix here is the progress on the GSP I glued to the back wall..it did have some GHA but that's now going away

IMG_20201228_134015.jpg

Mine's growing too! I now have 4 polyps, and it's encrusting! 😄 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes
40 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Mine's growing too! I now have 4 polyps, and it's encrusting! 😄 

Amazing news!👍🏼. I'm just taking care to make sure algae is cleared off so it continues to grow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Rastas growing a new polyp. It's one every other day at the moment, now 10 in total

IMG_20201231_182300.jpg

 

IMG_20201231_183038.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Plenty of these little guys around now

IMG_20210106_125102.jpg

 

Neon goby in his favourite sunny spot

IMG_20210106_125125.jpg

 

GSP doing ok on the back wall. 

IMG_20210106_125005.jpg

 

Monti started growing after my mistake of snapping a bit off it

IMG_20210106_124958.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

To get the most out of the rear chamber I have been looking at options. By making a Weir gate I can reduce the water flow into the back and bring the water level down.. 

 

Section 1: The media basket 

Section 2: Skimmer 

Section 3: heater and carbon

Section 4: return pump dropped down half way into the chamber

 

Next up is to add in the decorative macroalgae to the DT. On the right back wall glued to plugs. 

 

Buy pods to start to bring back up the micofauna a bit, but I did notice that there are still some kicking around. There are a lot of brittle stars and I seen what looked like a peanut worm yesterday also. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Not seen the emerald crab for a few weeks as it goes.

 

Latest parameters read a bit iffy all where I expect other than the N and P numbers which have both either bottomed out or are being consumed by GHA (unlikely as although there are small clumps it's under control now). I am going to pause the doser for a day or 2 to make sure I'm not inadvertently overdoing it. If the numbers climb then I'll redial the doser in a bit lower. 

 

Blasting the rock off with a baster shows me instill don't have my water movement quiet right as there is a good amount of crap getting stuck and the floss isn't super dirty so I suspect stuff isn't being suspended well. 

 

Few more gradual tweaks on the cards 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

I do not see my emerald crab often. Some time he comes out when I feed the fish or if I am moving rocks but it can be weeks between sightings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

IMG_20210111_182637.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
On 1/9/2021 at 12:35 AM, Grimes said:

There are a lot of brittle stars

I had an abundance of them too; they where everywhere.  However, after numerous doses of Vibrant, I can't find one now.  Massive loss of pods and even flatworms too.  I'm interested to see if your tank will suffer the same.  IDK, maybe there were more losses since dosing twice per week.  I wonder if less frequent dosing (like once every two weeks) would have resulted in less loss of biodiversity, and how effective it would have been on the turf algae.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes
2 hours ago, seabass said:

I had an abundance of them too; they where everywhere.  However, after numerous doses of Vibrant, I can't find one now.  Massive loss of pods and even flatworms too.  I'm interested to see if your tank will suffer the same.  IDK, maybe there were more losses since dosing twice per week.  I wonder if less frequent dosing (like once every two weeks) would have resulted in less loss of biodiversity, and how effective it would have been on the turf algae.

I get that..my pod culture used to be distracting at best. It was hard to take a picture of the tank without white specs in the way.now you have to spend time to find them. Worms and stars seem to be ok right now however 

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Got some pretty good macroalgaes this week for the display 

IMG_20210112_195758.jpg

 

Wonder what this guy is. Seems to cast out a thread of some kind, black or very deep purple in colour 

IMG_20210112_200332.jpg

 

PO4 levels as stable as ever 🤣

 

Screenshot_20210112_205822.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
seabass
48 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Wonder what this guy is. Seems to cast out a thread of some kind, black or very deep purple in colour

I enhanced the pic a bit.

spiderman.thumb.jpg.ff9b78c0e389041364d26ba6a3c75edf.jpg

Looks like it might either be Spider-Man, or some species of vermetid snail.

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes
8 minutes ago, seabass said:

I enhanced the pic a bit.

spiderman.thumb.jpg.ff9b78c0e389041364d26ba6a3c75edf.jpg

Looks like it might either be Spider-Man, or some species of vermetid snail.

That's exactly right. It's a super mini Spiderman. Intense..

 

I can only hope that Doctor Octopus is around to keep him entertained 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Whatever it is... It is now dead @seabass smashed it up..will do the same with any others I see

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Poor Spidey.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Just ordered an AI Nero 3 from Kraken Corals, just a shame I need to wait for stock to come back in.. 

Can't wait to bring the noise levels down a few hundred decibels from the Jedao WP10. 

 

The macroalgae seems not to have died from freezing weather during transit so all good..

 

Oh yeah and latest readings show P at 0.00 and N at 5ppm.. pulled every strand of GHA I could see  (lockdown boredom) so it looks like N and P are being locked up in GHA and that I wasn't overdosing the quantum but will give if a couple extra days to confirm that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gore15
On 1/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, Grimes said:

Got some pretty good macroalgaes this week for the display 

IMG_20210112_195758.jpg

 

Which macro is that?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

Codium

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

The GSP is doing good now. GHA is backing right off it

IMG_20210115_150317.jpg

 

Had my order from Kraken corals if live pods and floss so the tank is looking a bit clearer. Still no update on the Nero 3 ETA but it's only been a few days. 

 

DD jumpguard pro came smashed to bits , but spoke to complete aquatics and they are going to resent a new one. 👍🏼

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Grimes

DD jumpguard pro

 

New lid setup. Looks great, added a bag of pods and new filter floss from Kraken corals. The skimmer has been set to sit higher in the tank now.

 

Lost the Florida Ric hope it turns up on a rock somewhere.

 

IMG_20210116_162519.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Looks good

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...