Coral Vue Hydros

1 hour ago, FreshwaterFishMan said:

Wonderful to read through your journal! I must have missed when you introduced your goby, so what kind is he? And what do you feed him?

You are correct. I missed an update when he was added. I have had my yellow coral goby for 2 and a half months. 

Doing very well, though I can't get anything done in the tank as he seems to like swimming around your hands and tools begging for food.. had him perched on my finger a few days back 🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Grimes said:

You are correct. I missed an update when he was added. I have had my yellow coral goby for 2 and a half months. 

Doing very well, though I can't get anything done in the tank as he seems to like swimming around your hands and tools begging for food.. had him perched on my finger a few days back 🤣

Thanks for the update 🙂 

and you know,  a fish with that much personality does seem pretty awsome to have 😅

Thank you. I plan on a final addition of a neon blue goby which I'm going to go any buy tomorrow 👍🏼, then I'm fully stocked (some might say over stocked).

As well as trade a hermit crap in for a bumblebee snail. I feel like 4 hermits is far to many for this size of tank. 

3 minutes ago, Grimes said:

@afcajax73 so far so good mate. Bit shy at the minute but all good

that's good to hear, I'm sure it won't be long until it's a bit less shy! Just had a look through your thread here, it's great... really like the layout. I like a good hammer coral too! good job on that one 🙂

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 10:49 PM, Grimes said:

So all good this week.. still pulling GHA in places but its fine.. 

Question. Can you out 2 hammers close to each other? Would it cause a fight or should it be ok?

Yes you can, hammers and hammer are fine. Hammers and Frogspawn are fine. Torches will sting everything that's not a torch in my experience 

A few people have put hammer frags close together to make an interesting looking euphyllia garden 

• Thanks 1

Moved the zoas up and they seem to be pretty happy.... Or half of them.. no idea what the larger polyp is right in the middle of the zoas are though but they don't seem to mind it.. 

I'm just struggling to understand why the lighting requirements have changed all of a sudden... Unless it pure coincidence they opened after I moved them off the sand bed of course 

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

It looks like a bit like a Green Implosion, low power LEDS on the tank? 

Yeah they are broke as well, Only have a few that work now... had a bit of an issue last week leading to a few things blown and a new consumer unit this weekend 

• Like 1
On 4/14/2020 at 8:38 PM, Grimes said:

After 3 years of planted tanks I'm back on nano salt water. 

Started 11 days ago I have begun the cycle process, and have I forgot most of what I knew years ago... Man! I'm rusty.. 

Anyway going to keep a wee log of it. 

Kit list

• JUWEL VIO 40 (8 gallon)
  • 2.5 kg of live rock
  • 2 kg TMC fine sand. 
  • Arcadia Classica Marine LED - researching options to replace this as was from previous setup.
  • Jebao wp 10 wavemaker
  • Aquaone Nanoskim 40

Livestock (updated 14th August)

Fish & inverts

• Yellow coral goby
  • Turbo snail
  • 2 x Banded Trochus Snails
  • Peppermint shrimp
  • 4 hermits

Coral

• Hammer
  • Duncan's
  • Pulsing Xenia
  • Zoa frag
  • Acan
  • A few mushrooms

20200811134511.jpg

Hi how are you finding the nanskim 40 I have just started a new tank and it came with it I am finding it noisy and hard to set up right any advice?

Hi @Goonerlad4 yeah I like it. You do need to make sure and put foam under the air pump to stop it rattling but it's been brill. The overflow hose also needs to be put into a bottle. I used a small coke bottle with a hole drilled in the top, it stops the bubble glug sound dead. 

It really does pull a lot of crud from the water 

• Like 1