Cultivated Reef

7 hours ago, afcajax73 said:

glad to see the algae is on the way out.. did you do anything in particular or is it just on it's way out through regular maintenance?

I use both Quantum LR nitrate remover and phosphate remover. Fantastic products but very aggressive so need to be careful with the dosage 👍🏼

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reefer-begginer said:

I would think doing either a fire red/cleaner shrimp could help the tank stay cleaner than a peppermint shrimp

It was just to get rid of the Aiptasia, which it did.. I think I would like to have cleaner shrimp as well at some point 👍🏼 

That said I do need more snails as well since upgrading to the 15 gallon ... 

Reefer-begginer
50 minutes ago, Grimes said:

It was just to get rid of the Aiptasia, which it did.. I think I would like to have cleaner shrimp as well at some point 👍🏼 

That said I do need more snails as well since upgrading to the 15 gallon ... 

I never had luck with peppermints with aptasia, so I went for the next best thing, raccoon butterfly 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Reefer-begginer said:

I never had luck with peppermints with aptasia, so I went for the next best thing, raccoon butterfly 

Think I just got lucky as a lot of people seem to say that their peppermint didn't work out 

Reefer-begginer
1 minute ago, Grimes said:

Think I just got lucky as a lot of people seem to say that their peppermint didn't work out 

I mean there's 2 types of peppermint shrimp you can get, and I think most are sold the ones that don't eat/farm aptasia

• Like 1

lovely! 

where you buying from? 

I nipped up to Kidsgrove yesterday, and got that little bit more tempted to buy a Reefer 170. I was talking to one of the lads in there about a Black Friday sale 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, afcajax73 said:

lovely! 

where you buying from? 

I nipped up to Kidsgrove yesterday, and got that little bit more tempted to buy a Reefer 170. I was talking to one of the lads in there about a Black Friday sale 😄

Oh dear here we go. Went up to a to z near Crewe mate. I need to try the one up in Stockport at some point though supposed to be great 

• Haha 2

ah nice.. I've not been to A-Z for a while, last time I went it was fairly bare in the tanks. 

I've never been to stockport, I did go one over Derby way once though. My lad had a Taekwondo tournament over towards South Normanton.. I was sitting around looking on my phone at shops local and there was one which had won a load of awards for various things fish related. I went and had a look, and whilst what they had looked good, it seemed a bit over priced for me

• Like 2
On 9/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, afcajax73 said:

ah nice.. I've not been to A-Z for a while, last time I went it was fairly bare in the tanks. 

Well I'm skint at the moment and it has a lot of RO water so that suits me lol.. 

Hammer and zoas looking good now 

IMG_20200930_204129.jpg

IMG_20200930_204049.jpg

• Like 1

Looking belting can't get a good picture and surprised that it's not hiding to be fair :

IMG_20201003_125241.jpg

Can't wait till this fella is settled in:

IMG_20201003_130000.jpg

Little bit of purple on his face and eyes:

IMG_20201003_130113.jpg

Starting to look like a nano reef now:

IMG_20201003_125905.jpg

The acan is beginning to look good after a month and half in the tank....lovely red under the blues at night:

IMG_20201003_125947.jpg

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

That’s awesome mate. Have they got much coral wise at A-Z? My tank is looking very green, in terms of corals. I need a bit more colour! 

It's a bit low on stock mate but they have a lot of acan in reds and oranges, and a bunch of different zoas and paly's .. fish wise they have a good amount of most species

• Like 1

I think I need to add a bit more rock In, and change the scape to give me more opportunity for coral placement. 

im just wary of adding loads of rock too quick 

• Like 1