ReefCleaners.org

new stylo problem - bleaching?

errand

Hey one of my new sps frags has started looking different. It's been in the tank 2 weeks, was overnight shipped to me along with 4 others. Its like the color is going white, in the shaded parts - but there are still little polyps there, just translucent. They also seem to have a dark coloring around the polyp hole. I have seen my coral goby take a few little nips at it, he normally perches in the other taller staghorn I got at the same time. I'm thinking my water parameters are good enough, a bit worried about the light - i've got a new ai prime hd, about 10 inches above the surface, and there are definitely shadows in the stylo branches. 

Is it bleaching, or is it dying off in the shade, or does the goby have to go into the second tank? Is it just getting used to my tank?? The lights are on about 80% intensity, for 8 hours of the day, and a 2 hour ramp period either side [my lps/zoas like the lighting], all i've read suggest sps need strong light. 

flow - i have a wavemaker that turns on for 30 seconds every minute, blowing across them [not directly onto them though].

Water - 

kh - 9.1

ph - 8.1-8.3

calcium - 490

mag - 1610

ammonia 0.001

nitrates - 0.0138

phosphates - between .08 and .10 [red sea pro kit].

salinity 1.026

temp 25.6

Can anyone tell me what's happening to this guy and what i should do? I kind of dont want to mess around guessing and changing things without some advice; the other frags i got at the same time aren't as fluffy as this stylo but aren't loosing color in the shaded parts either.

bleach.jpg

mitten_reef

Looks like the polyps are just retracting, nothing to worry about especially if you just added it in. The rest of it looks good.  You probably handled it around that general area when you attach it to the rock.