Top Shelf Aquatics

WTH is this?

Spark326

There are several crawling on my glass and eating pods.

It eats from the rounded end and kind of slithers.

Anyone know what it is and if i should be worried??

image.thumb.png.2b7d8e00ed6a849191e614ffe2c5ccc8.png

image.thumb.png.660278473244a5def6dbb9fe4490a209.png

Looks like a flatworm. You'll probably see a lot more than one if your tank is fairly new. It doesn't look rust-brown from the photo, so they are normally harmless. They tend to explode in population and then die off. If their population blows up too much and for too long, you can remove them manually and some fish, like wrasse, eat them. I had them for a couple months when my tank was new and they just faded away.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, XxreeffreakxX said:

Looks like an AEFW. Acro eating flatworm. I wouldn’t say their harmless. But If you have any spa their a nightmare. 

No - having actually dealt with AEFW, these are not AEFWs. I've never once seen an AEFW on the glass and they certainly do not eat pods. AEFW juveniles (which are incredibly small - too small to take a picture of without a good macro lens) are free swimming and make a beeline for an acro and start feeding. If they don't find a host acro, they simple die in the water column and don't get bigger.

Also, unless something changed very recently, judging from past photos, OP doesn't have a single acro in their tank, which means no AEFW.

• Like 2

Looks like a blurry photo of a bristle worm doubling back on its path to me.  :lol:

I'd like a better photo before making a diagnosis.