SaltCritters.com

Possum Wrasse? Pink Streaked?

Sinibotia

I'm trying to decide on a fish for my 10 gallon reef. The current inhabitants are a a few snails and hermit crabs, a skunk shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, and a very relaxed black ray goby and pistol shrimp pair. The goby and shrimp take up only a fraction of the space in the tank so I wanted to add one more fish; previously i had a firefish which jumped (and have since improved the lid to prevent this). I was looking at possum wrasses but some have suggested they can be difficult and require a lot of food. Are pink streaked wrasses easier? My tank has something like 12 pounds of live rock and a bunch of soft corals as well as an aquaclear HOB fuge with a ton of chaeto and pods. Are there any other interesting fish that could add interest and use some of the unused space in the tank?

MainelyReefer

Pink streaked has been easier than my tanakas in regards to feeding, the PSW also has opened up and shown more personality.  I’ve only had them both about a month in a 12g long with a pistol and two wheelers gobies.  If you see a PSW on divers den buy it soon as shipping fish from across the globe seems to be less important than face masks and ventilators so the supply may be low