Coral Vue Hydros

Ratvan

debbeach13

Sorry about your injury! I can't believe that you receive stuff alive shipping like that. My try at shipping was only 2/3 alive when delivered.  Have you actually shipped mushrooms like that also? What is the average daily temp. right now. I think it is just too hot in Florida right now unless you pay $$$ for overnight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry about your injury! I can't believe that you receive stuff alive shipping like that. My try at shipping was only 2/3 alive when delivered.  Have you actually shipped mushrooms like that also? What is the average daily temp. right now. I think it is just too hot in Florida right now unless you pay $$$ for overnight.

Not tried mushrooms yet, tried them last year but think it was too hot. Currently we're at low to mid 70s. 

Just trying to get everything sent and alive with only postage stamps at the moment, suprised the SPS made it and are hanging on

20 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Oh I would be so frigging Happy for a week in the 70's. This last week it has been upper 90's with feels like adding 10 more degrees. The sunshine state!

That sounds nasty, humidity up there too? 

Anyways trying to get him to send me one of these via damp postage

IMG_20200623_135807.thumb.jpg.72b01f6f98d4f49504bafa01eb720deb.jpg

loose obviously

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Those are pretty.

Look like they fiit the bill for the tank too, easy, Hardy and bright. Turns out they're rhodactis mushrooms, I thought they were Persian rug 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
Snow_Phoenix
21 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Morning, so i think that my hermit thinks he is a decorator crab, he is currently roaming the tank with the GSP somehow on his Shell?

Pics or it didn't happen! :ninja:

Snow_Phoenix
8 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Gimmie 30 minutes, just taken pain killers 

he's a speedy bugger

Rest well.

I was just joking about the pics - feel free to rest & relax. Don't trouble yourself over chasing one GSP-toting hermit around, just for my sake. :wink:

3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Rest well.

I was just joking about the pics - feel free to rest & relax. Don't trouble yourself over chasing one GSP-toting hermit around, just for my sake. :wink:

I need to go back to hospital today anyway for my regular chest tapping so not much resting today, terrible shots but that Frag has come from the glass under my HOB (where i glued it), it tried to hold on when i took it away for re gluing too

IMG_20200703_124611.jpg

IMG_20200703_124645.jpg

Snow_Phoenix
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I need to go back to hospital today anyway for my regular chest tapping so not much resting today, terrible shots but that Frag has come from the glass under my HOB (where i glued it), it tried to hold on when i took it away for re gluing too

IMG_20200703_124611.jpg

IMG_20200703_124645.jpg

I actually find GSP very moody and tricky at times. Every time I try to glue a small strip to the back wall (of any tank), it won't open, and will eventually disintegrate. It's a shame - because I love how GSP can spread out to cover rocks and walls. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I actually find GSP very moody and tricky at times. Every time I try to glue a small strip to the back wall (of any tank), it won't open, and will eventually disintegrate. It's a shame - because I love how GSP can spread out to cover rocks and walls. 

Mine grows like a weed for some reason.  I wish my other corals did the same. 

@Ratvan I hope yours takes off - well, I guess it already has if it's riding around on the back of a crab!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

3 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Mine grows like a weed for some reason.  I wish my other corals did the same. 

@Ratvan I hope yours takes off - well, I guess it already has if it's riding around on the back of a crab!! 

This seems to be a different type to what I had before, will be interesting to see what happens regardless.

Anyway I am on my way to the hospital. 

IMG_20200703_131537.jpg.2699bb063caa7915ac1f67224fafe681.jpg

• Like 4
debbeach13
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Hungover

I had no idea that the Forth of July was celebrated in the UK! Neighborhood fireworks finally stopped around 2am. It was a long night comforting my dog. Cuddled on the couch with a TV blaring. So grateful that at least my yard is free of all the trash fireworks create. Last year was a mess.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I had no idea that the Forth of July was celebrated in the UK! Neighborhood fireworks finally stopped around 2am. It was a long night comforting my dog. Cuddled on the couch with a TV blaring. So grateful that at least my yard is free of all the trash fireworks create. Last year was a mess.

What special about 4th July? The end of lockdown for us. We'll phase 1 at least. 

Just now, debbeach13 said:

I know I thought most likely the hangover was really self medicating. How bad is the pain?

I can't say no to a party

0_UK-Pubs-And-Restaurants-Reopen-After-Coronavirus-Lockdown.thumb.jpg.618f19ddd556bb668ad9bca29a955a37.jpg

Collarbone is a dull burning ache, hangover is so much worse. I can remember up until about 10pm, vagueluly remember a taxi to someone's house too. And obs waking up this morning and walk of shame

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I can't say no to a party

0_UK-Pubs-And-Restaurants-Reopen-After-Coronavirus-Lockdown.thumb.jpg.618f19ddd556bb668ad9bca29a955a37.jpg

Collarbone is a dull burning ache, hangover is so much worse. I can remember up until about 10pm, vagueluly remember a taxi to someone's house too. And obs waking up this morning and walk of shame

Not one person in that picture wearing a mask. Y’all are so gonna revisit the rona like us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Not one person in that picture wearing a mask. Y’all are so gonna revisit the rona like us.

Masks not mandatory, thankfully

51 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Is that picture actually last night?

Yeah that's Call Lane, I went elsewhere I think

• Haha 1