Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Snow_Phoenix
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Not yet (working, or rather should be), might see if i can mix up a few batches of tap water and sort something out a bit later on.

 

The last remaining Wall Hammer Skeleton when I picked it up to lift it from the tank, literally crumbled in my fingers. I was not holding or squeezing it at all that hard. I think that it's very strange that both these have so far done this to an extent. Almost as though the Skeleton has lost its structural strength 

That is indeed strange. I have never heard of a skeleton crumbling before. ☹

 

The green frogspawn I was supposed to pick up today at my 2nd LFS also showed early signs of BJD. The guy working there told me directly it's not healthy, so I didn't buy it. Sucks. 😔

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

That is indeed strange. I have never heard of a skeleton crumbling before. ☹

 

The green frogspawn I was supposed to pick up today at my 2nd LFS also showed early signs of BJD. The guy working there told me directly it's not healthy, so I didn't buy it. Sucks. 😔

I can think of only Predatory pest, or some Parameters are off, but what? 

 

Ph? Dkh?

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

IMG_20200601_114807.thumb.jpg.b45fb0319d8bb7f370c83086eae1a0fa.jpg

IMG_20200601_114814.thumb.jpg.a73c339f222b3987b0b8abadc4e6ad1a.jpg

 

Skeleton is rotten? 

  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
29 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I can think of only Predatory pest, or some Parameters are off, but what? 

 

Ph? Dkh?

I honestly don't know. Sorry. 😔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

The battle continues against the BJD, not seen any on the corals for 48 hours so hopeful that I managed to remove most of it. They aren't looking great and a fair amount of tissue loss. I read that Iodine would be good for these so have been having iodine baths/dips each day. 

IMG_20200604_121352.thumb.jpg.c3da770da2817b6a5d7996040931165f.jpg

 

Hammer at the back took the worst of it (clearly) this is the frag with the "rotton" skeleton, I superglued over that entire section of rot and cross my fingers. Branching hammer lost a few sections of tentacles but all in all not too bad. I have seen my Nassarius Snail over both these. 

 

Elegance seems fine but irritated by the changes

IMG_20200604_121401.thumb.jpg.886a29c5284b23a470d7333371228c31.jpg

 

Also have reserved a fish, hope to see it over the weekend and pick up if its healthy. @Snow_Phoenix

Screenshot_20200604_165513_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5aafd24dc5f2c4f003f624b72f46822e.jpg

 

Finally, got an email from the Reefer who is still sending me the frags, so that's something else that I have to worry about. They arrive tomorrow. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Sorry things haven’t improved more. Usually getting new frags is exciting but I understand your worry

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
2 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry things haven’t improved more. Usually getting new frags is exciting but I understand your worry

I briefly considered setting up a Pico from the HOB and a Drinks Dispenser for the Euphyllia but lack of live rock scuppers that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
14 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

The battle continues against the BJD, not seen any on the corals for 48 hours so hopeful that I managed to remove most of it. They aren't looking great and a fair amount of tissue loss. I read that Iodine would be good for these so have been having iodine baths/dips each day. 

IMG_20200604_121352.thumb.jpg.c3da770da2817b6a5d7996040931165f.jpg

 

Hammer at the back took the worst of it (clearly) this is the frag with the "rotton" skeleton, I superglued over that entire section of rot and cross my fingers. Branching hammer lost a few sections of tentacles but all in all not too bad. I have seen my Nassarius Snail over both these. 

 

Elegance seems fine but irritated by the changes

IMG_20200604_121401.thumb.jpg.886a29c5284b23a470d7333371228c31.jpg

 

Also have reserved a fish, hope to see it over the weekend and pick up if its healthy. @Snow_Phoenix

Screenshot_20200604_165513_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5aafd24dc5f2c4f003f624b72f46822e.jpg

 

Finally, got an email from the Reefer who is still sending me the frags, so that's something else that I have to worry about. They arrive tomorrow. 

 

Congrats on the Pictus! 🙂

 

You might want to dip the elegance in iodine too - it looks a bit receded, but not too bad yet. Just keep an eye on it because BJD can spread quite quickly. Siphon out any brown gunk you see though - don't wait. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Congrats on the Pictus! 🙂

 

You might want to dip the elegance in iodine too - it looks a bit receded, but not too bad yet. Just keep an eye on it because BJD can spread quite quickly. Siphon out any brown gunk you see though - don't wait. 

I dip that one (and the Monti) once a week at the moment as a preventative. If I notice anything it'll go to a more regular routine. 

 

Thanks, fingers crossed its healthy, and feeding this time round. I want no repeat of the TSB start

 

Will sort out some shells and barnacles from the storage area. Aka. Outside

IMG_20200604_171211.thumb.jpg.ed3fe95cf80703ca542c3ad68f2033a7.jpg

 

IMG_20200604_171205.thumb.jpg.59225b90349dead88e9213f6449c3e8b.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I dip that one (and the Monti) once a week at the moment as a preventative. If I notice anything it'll go to a more regular routine. 

 

Thanks, fingers crossed its healthy, and feeding this time round. I want no repeat of the TSB start

Pictus are usually more mellow than TSBs, but they do need some microalgae to graze on. Either that, or you have to supplement their diet with strips of Nori or small-sized seaweed pellets (Hikari is a brand you can look into). They're also quite peaceful, and a bit more shy. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Well I have Nori courtesy of @banasophia lol. Also got pellets, wafers and flake. I'll go through what I had for the office tank. Think I have some crab food too, definately got mysis, BBS and phyto

 

Plus the back glass is covered with GHA and green films alage (as well as the sides) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Well I have Nori courtesy of @banasophia lol. Also got pellets, wafers and flake. I'll go through what I had for the office tank. Think I have some crab food too, definately got mysis, BBS and phyto

 

Plus the back glass is covered with GHA and green films alage (as well as the sides) 

You shouldn't have any problems, then. :happy:

 

Post a pic when the fish arrives! 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Proxo

😞 It's a right spoon stab in the teeth when coral dies, i'm still gutted over my acan 😞.
Best cure is to BUY MORE 😄 

While playing catch up on the thread i read somebody mention the skeleton 'crumbling', my acan did the same.
My tank did go through a big ammonia/nitrite spike, possible that's what happened? 

You been stealing shells from the beach? Here's me buying them 😄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
11 hours ago, Proxo said:

😞 It's a right spoon stab in the teeth when coral dies, i'm still gutted over my acan 😞.
Best cure is to BUY MORE 😄 

While playing catch up on the thread i read somebody mention the skeleton 'crumbling', my acan did the same.
My tank did go through a big ammonia/nitrite spike, possible that's what happened? 

You been stealing shells from the beach? Here's me buying them 😄

I don't think so, not one that I noticed anyway. I have messaged the shops that I got them both from and neither seem to have any idea so far. I dont think that it was a shop issue though. Its still alive, barely at the moment while i sit at the door waiting waiting for the next batch

 

image.thumb.png.8ace699cf0a1c434d473e7f19c2677b4.png

 

Yeah I picked up loads last Year with my Brother in Essex as well as Fossils and Sharks Teeth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Wooohoooo, and I got a bonus Frag? Need to find out what he sent me.

IMG_20200605_094428_resized_20200605_094833837.thumb.jpg.81f519a5120e567fdb3108170ca0c167.jpg

Some I'm not too happy with, but cant really grumble with the price I paid.

 

Hulk Porites

IMG_20200605_094507_resized_20200605_094834068.thumb.jpg.e66aa0899fccd9d9394492ccb27944aa.jpg

 

Green Pavona - this is one i wasn't that happy with. Came on a 2" plug, but I thought I was getting Rock Rubble 

IMG_20200605_094538_resized_20200605_094834217.thumb.jpg.943f7cd3faac793297f184725ebfffeb.jpg

 

Again, Rusty Red Pavona. I thought I would get this mounted on Rock Rubble, its on a 2" Disc

IMG_20200605_094602_resized_20200605_094835024.thumb.jpg.5f877e6f3cbae203ab6a5b2b80b3998e.jpg

 

Little Acropora Granuloas - with Polyps extended in shipping bag

IMG_20200605_094627_resized_20200605_094834784.thumb.jpg.c1aea25191cbb2be8fecff3923f30f98.jpg

 

Acropora Efflo - again Polyps extended ins hipping bag

IMG_20200605_094718_resized_20200605_094834373.thumb.jpg.23bd62cd713e66dc0ae1d7fab6850323.jpg

 

My Free Frag, not sure what it is. Maybe another Pavona, who knows?

IMG_20200605_094657_resized_20200605_094834618.thumb.jpg.2b024f4f6c702f58f29e0a037fe11097.jpg

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Lights on and some colour on these corals

 

Acropora Efflo

IMG_20200605_121222.thumb.jpg.bbfface16ccf956c29e1901acf50fb7a.jpg

 

Granulosa 

IMG_20200605_121153.thumb.jpg.5c498d2087c82a302bb8037345ea0550.jpg

 

Green Pavona

IMG_20200605_121159.thumb.jpg.dabf4e6661925fd1e18491aa25709141.jpg

 

Rusty Pavona

IMG_20200605_121203.thumb.jpg.0dc22b3ac4e75ca9f8b9b5dfed699f86.jpg

 

"Hulk" Porites

IMG_20200605_121217.thumb.jpg.a3ce78d476f3347461cd1d09e2a7c740.jpg

 

Free Frag, Psamacora?

IMG_20200605_121226.thumb.jpg.33cc893e0ce569760965a9f6e3662518.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Those are going to be some nice additions 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Slightly better photos

 

Acro boogers

IMG_20200605_211138.thumb.jpg.d952b7cabeb75b059d27b3a00b6cc0b6.jpg

IMG_20200605_211238.thumb.jpg.287694cb93a1fc0b896a3c7f6f32f268.jpg

 

Pavona (tiny little feeders 😍

IMG_20200605_211203.thumb.jpg.e8ed636c46c3e43e2eb3ff496fecf06a.jpg

IMG_20200605_211214.thumb.jpg.ba065ce668ce3581b590df57c552e2f1.jpg

 

Montipora, showing PE on cut sides now

IMG_20200605_211224.thumb.jpg.876ee22a7a38b0582af3dfb83ac362a5.jpg

 

Still thinking Psamacora

IMG_20200605_211252.thumb.jpg.ce1c8f7fe1535a25709781e55db4519f.jpg

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Gramophone

Nice additions! Those will be fun to watch grow.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Proxo

Where'd you order from this time pal?
If it was from jbs, i'll take a guess that is a psamacora as i seen he has it selling pretty cheap compared to other places i've seen lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
10 hours ago, Proxo said:

Where'd you order from this time pal?
If it was from jbs, i'll take a guess that is a psamacora as i seen he has it selling pretty cheap compared to other places i've seen lol

Another Reefer from Ultimate Reef both of us got banned for the trade lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

No Goby today, looks really pale in colour and very thin. Decided to not pick anything up today, very close to picking up another Spingerii Damsel but left it

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
6 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

No Goby today, looks really pale in colour and very thin. Decided to not pick anything up today, very close to picking up another Spingerii Damsel but left it

Was the damsel sick also?

 

I have a habit of picking up weak/deformed fish (or animals for that matter) to give them a second chance, but most of the time, they perish prematurely. Which is worse, I guess, because by then I get hopelessly attached to them. 😞 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Was the damsel sick also?

 

I have a habit of picking up weak/deformed fish (or animals for that matter) to give them a second chance, but most of the time, they perish prematurely. Which is worse, I guess, because by then I get hopelessly attached to them. 😞 

No the Damsel was super active and aggressive, loved it. 

 

Waiting a week and going to see the Goby again, hopefully it will have eaten and got over shipping stress. If not Damsel away

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Snow_Phoenix
7 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

No the Damsel was super active and aggressive, loved it. 

 

Waiting a week and going to see the Goby again, hopefully it will have eaten and got over shipping stress. If not Damsel away

If it's paper-thin, skip it - even if it eats, it will most likely not make it. I bought a Yasha and the fish was almost two-dimensional. Tried my level best to feed it, and it ate sporadically, but eventually died. Extremely thin = could be internal parasites also. Not trying to deter you or discourage you, but it can be frustrating/difficult when you bring home something and it dies on you. 😞

 

(Basically it sucks, period)

 

The damsel might be a good buy, if it's very healthy. When's the Pictus slated to arrive? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...