Top Shelf Aquatics

Ratvan

Lol, I think the only real glass cleaner out there has to be a magnet. Too much surface area needing to be cleaned too thoroughly, either the glass stays clean because everything's growing on your rocks or it doesn't XD

• Like 2
debbeach13

Hammer medium water flow, moderate lighting, placement on the bottom. According to live aquaria. It has been awhile but I think mine took at least a couple weeks of NOT Moving it to adjust. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

Looking good mate, shame on the coral though 😞

Meh its one coral that got trampled by a rough housing hermit

16 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Lol, I think the only real glass cleaner out there has to be a magnet. Too much surface area needing to be cleaned too thoroughly, either the glass stays clean because everything's growing on your rocks or it doesn't XD

Using a toothbrush currently, except i cant get to under the rock shelf and its bugging me lol

1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Hammer medium water flow, moderate lighting, placement on the bottom. According to live aquaria. It has been awhile but I think mine took at least a couple weeks of NOT Moving it to adjust. 

I don't think that really counts for much when the distance between the top and bottom of the tank are like 5-6". It took a tumble after being trampled by a hermit, so have made sure its clean, shuffled the frags around so that it wont happen again and gave the Hermit a talking to and promised him a promotion to Astronaut if it happens again

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I wasn’t criticizing just saying don’t give up. Some corals take awhile. Plus I look up requirements all the time to refresh my memory.

Cheers, sorry rough day at work. I seem to be taking everything personally today so think I need to stop using social media again for a bit

• Sad 4
debbeach13

I understand that is the only wrong with social media. You type something and in your head it means one thing but then someone reads it and by their reply you realize how wrong it came out. That’s why sometimes I stop commenting and just use the emojis. It’s all good on this end.

• Like 8
Punk_Rock_Blenny
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Cheers, sorry rough day at work. I seem to be taking everything personally today so think I need to stop using social media again for a bit

I know you're going through a rough time mate, got the garden chairs set out in the back if you need a chat? Tank looks good, just keep it stable and it'll bounce back. The Elegance looks good still as well in the photos. How do those normally split? 

• Thanks 1

Does Brown Jelly Disease come with the smell of rotting flesh?

The whole room stinks this morning and the hammer is gone, completely engulfed with literally the foulest smelling brown gunk I have seen in my life. Additionally the skeleton itself seems incredibly frail and fragile?

Water changing at the moment with all windows open 🤢

• Sad 4
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

The whole room stinks this morning and the hammer is gone, completely engulfed with literally the foulest smelling brown gunk I have seen in my life. Additionally the skeleton itself seems incredibly frail and fragile?

Sounds like brown jelly

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Bin the skeleton, run fresh carbon, and keep WCing. BJD is a killer. It took down my Elegances and my frogspawns. I hate it. 😞 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Right so today have completely changed 100% of the water (twice) as well as removed, cleaned and re introduced the sand bed. I wanted to flush out this little system to try and remove any traces of BJD that I could. 

I have also dipped the remaining corals in an Lugol's Iodine solution. LPS are now all on sandbed and the Monti (looking great) is the only thing on the rocks

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Nice additions. You seem to have some local reefers always selling pretty corals. I am a little jealous. 

Thanks this deal got us both kicked off another forum. Lol. I don't really think it should be a forums choice if people trade and sell in this situation 🤷‍♂️

I wish more people placed corals on rubble like that rusty Pavona. Bored of plugs and tiles. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Thanks this deal got us both kicked off another forum. Lol. I don't really think it should be a forums choice if people trade and sell in this situation 🤷‍♂️

I wish more people placed corals on rubble like that rusty Pavona. Bored of plugs and tiles. 

Wait, what??? Why is it a forum's business if you do something unrelated and on your own time, in your own house with your own money???

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Wait, what??? Why is it a forum's business if you do something unrelated and on your own time, in your own house with your own money???

The forum shut the classifieds and we went against forum rules by buying and selling apparently. 

Also I have been told I can be a little abrasive? Who knew

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

The forum shut the classifieds and we went against forum rules by buying and selling apparently. 

Also I have been told I can be a little abrasive? Who knew

You've spent too much time hanging out with your obnoxious cousins from across the pond.

• Like 1

So woke up this morning and both of my remaining Hammer corals has melted with BJD. So new floss, carbon. Last of my RODI made salt water as 100% change. 

Dipped the Corals and placed back in tank. 

The same smell in the room if not worse somehow. So I have the Elegance and a Montipora currently surviving. I have placed the frag pack on hold

Debating how to move forwards with this currently 

• Sad 5
Snow_Phoenix
27 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

So woke up this morning and both of my remaining Hammer corals has melted with BJD. So new floss, carbon. Last of my RODI made salt water as 100% change. 

Dipped the Corals and placed back in tank. 

The same smell in the room if not worse somehow. So I have the Elegance and a Montipora currently surviving. I have placed the frag pack on hold

Debating how to move forwards with this currently 

If the elegance doesn't have BJD on it, dip it and isolate it in a different tank (or even bin) because this will spread from LPS to LPS. Any current pics of the hammer?

3 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

If the elegance doesn't have BJD on it, dip it and isolate it in a different tank (or even bin) because this will spread from LPS to LPS. Any current pics of the hammer?

Not yet (working, or rather should be), might see if i can mix up a few batches of tap water and sort something out a bit later on.

The last remaining Wall Hammer Skeleton when I picked it up to lift it from the tank, literally crumbled in my fingers. I was not holding or squeezing it at all that hard. I think that it's very strange that both these have so far done this to an extent. Almost as though the Skeleton has lost its structural strength 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1