inTank Media Baskets

Ratvan

On 7/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, Proxo said:

Sack that, the government only opened up pubs and stuff to make some money - still should be on lockdown lol

Well apparently this morning 2 pubs in West Yorkshire (so Leeds Bradford or Wakefield) closed due to staff testing positive, one more in Devon. We'll be indoors again by September. 

Anywho, I am happy to report, but sad that I cannot photograph I think I have found where the Stomatella sleep. 

IMG_20200707_143202.thumb.jpg.9537b64d18b5f6fad76f819c7e5f8c07.jpg

I always see them coming out of the holes in the porous rock behind the Palys. Speaking of I have a couple new heads forming and some are moving onto the rocks which is cool. 

Also my Hermit has grown bored of its GSP and dumped it

IMG_20200707_143226.thumb.jpg.2f96d826a6f90f2ae0cd9a76ca67e6ee.jpg

We shall see how my aquascape has done later

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Popped into the office, Spec 3 deader than dead, salvaged the Hydor pico evo mag, 25w heater and Asta 20. Also the Chinese Black Box 

Also anyone recognise that tank I stored the equipment in? 

IMG_20200709_133516.thumb.jpg.fd321e74288e8cc2a215ed2a8b332ecf.jpg

Random question, why is it that I don't see many drilled tanks with the drain on the bottom? Is it a noise issue? I've checked and the tank is non tempered glass. 

Just a little bored of seeing equipment in the display

The bottom panel tends to be under more stress and leaks may instead turn into catastrophic failure, also means any leaking bulkhead or what have you requires fully draining the entire tank.

Straight-down waterflow also tends to be louder, but I don't think that's the main reason, people certainly still do it - usually behind a weir setup so that it's functionally identical to drilling a side panel (provided the weir doesn't fail).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...