Coral Vue Hydros

IM 25 lagoon: Making the return holes bigger for bulkheads?

bozoreefer

There seems to be this plastic thing that goes through the holes and attaches to loc line and the return hose. 

I think the Y return hose is causing back pressure on my jebao dcs2000. 

I want to increase the diameter of the return hose and also maybe just use one return hole to prevent back pressure on the pump. 

Any ideas on if I can make these holes bigger or what other alternatives I have? 

Thanks. 

MainelyReefer

You could get a y that feeds in 3/4” and splits to the standard two 1/2” lines.  I think it’s not necessary though as the dcs2000 is rated for 520gph.  I’m running the midsize mightyjet at 538gph and I have it running through the stock plumbing but in the display I have four 1/4” RFG nozzles.  I have the pump at it’s highest setting and get good randomized flow from the RFG.  What makes you think there is back pressure?

5 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

You could get a y that feeds in 3/4” and splits to the standard two 1/2” lines.  I think it’s not necessary though as the dcs2000 is rated for 520gph.  I’m running the midsize mightyjet at 538gph and I have it running through the stock plumbing but in the display I have four 1/4” RFG nozzles.  I have the pump at it’s highest setting and get good randomized flow from the RFG.  What makes you think there is back pressure?

I have the exact same set up! 

19 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

The only reason why I think there may be back pressure is because I shoved the Y plumbing into the jebao output that I believe is 1/2 and the stock plumbing looks like its smaller than 1/2 

When I have the pump on max setting, there is this loud whining noise. 

It could be just the pump that is bad, but I just bought it. 

I'll try another pump to see if there is any noise, but will try the 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 Y first. 

Thanks for your input!