inTank Media Baskets

Fool me once

FollyFish

So, I got a scolly that I was told was pale blue/green, I also saw pics of it. I took it home and under my lights I very quickly realized that it wasn't a blue scolly but a very bleached and skeletal scolly. I left it in my tank as a reminder that I shouldn't believe everything that I see under blue lights.

Now a week later I think that its not dead and might be coming back to life. Its starting to take on a pink color and is getting a little puffy.

It still shows no feeding behavior and I have been watching water quality and for the most part leaving it alone in the hope that it might still fully recover. This is the only scolly I've had that dosen't respond to feeding time, I think it might be too sick still.

Im still pissed that I got taken but maybe its not a complete lost cause. From now on no more buying corals based on pictures, if I cant see it in real life I won't get it. Here is a pic after its been in my tank a week. If anyone has any suggestions on how to help aid its recovery I'll take the help. 

20200402_165327.jpg

• Like 1
Wc_aquariums

Hey there try to baby this coral if you don’t have a algae problem try to just amino acids on him every other day with the flow off. After a week or 2 you should see a good increase in colour and maybe size make sure to leave the flow off for 15 minutes and don’t spray him to hard to irritate him.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:15 PM, Clown79 said:

Maybe just place some food on it to encourage it to eat. I'd try some mysis

Hes not eating ive tried frozen mysis and reef roids. Im not sure what else to try. 

On 4/7/2020 at 12:42 AM, Wc_aquariums said:

Hey there try to baby this coral if you don’t have a algae problem try to just amino acids on him every other day with the flow off. After a week or 2 you should see a good increase in colour and maybe size make sure to leave the flow off for 15 minutes and don’t spray him to hard to irritate him.

Do you know how to get amino acids, or what a good brand is?