Coral Vue Hydros

Colonial hydroids

jambon

I think I have a few small colonies fo these. Looking at photos of them they likely are. I am not concerned if they are as they are not spreading. The real question is... do these guys retract into there tubes? I poked a colony in my tank and they all popped into there tubes. It could be some bizarre colony of tiny tube worms. 

Do you have any pictures? Could also be feather dusters or vermetid snails. Hydroids are weird in terms of growth rate for a colony. I had one that popped up and expanded, then just disappear. Can't tell for sure what they'll do.

Yes, the common ones look like little polyps that retract into brownish colored tubes. They usually don't spread quickly, but I would say it's better to get rid of them now before they spread.

I have 3 small colonies which haven't spread at all in almost a year. I will try to get a picture. There are maybe 20 or more in a little clump about an inch across, if I disturb them they retract into there tube just like tube worms. My 6 line and elongated dottyback would probably eat them if they were tube worms...

I've got a few in my 20g and they don't hurt anything. They've been there for at least 5 or 6 years. Good filter feeders and they don't hurt my acros! I like them a lot even though most consider them "pests"

20200404_102443.thumb.jpg.4473b53336ade3d9d0ccff2c1d225955.jpg

• Like 1