SaltCritters.com

My clownfish won’t eat please help

Stavros0000

Stavros0000

My clownfish that I have had for a little over a week has stoped eating he was eating a little in the beginning or at least been interested and nibbling at it and spitting it out but now he is not at all and I’m really new and I try to research but I don’t really know what it could be I tested the water yesterday and did a water change yesterday as well and today put the food in garlic and he is still not eating I’m trying not to feeding him brine shrimp frozen and not and Mysis and flakes and no luck please help look at pictures.  I do sometimes see him pooping like little white strands coming out of the bottom of him and I do not see him eating at all.  If he is constipated idk what to do and if he is he has been for 4 days 

FB1A52CD-C7C3-471A-B610-ACEE435B7986.jpeg

2C58DA18-BD38-4870-BE2D-F9C42A1B62F4.jpeg

94FAF352-671B-4D04-8BEA-8B918D3B0ECC.jpeg

AE88BB7D-7B4D-40E6-9598-3142E0D8E53B.jpeg

648C2104-E3A7-4ECA-8609-F4659AF9A850.jpeg

Hi, 

We are in the same position as you!!! My clown fish started eating at first but now not eating at all. We have tested the waters and its all good but now just recently my clownfish has stopped eating. 🐠

• Thanks 1

Its fine, let me know about if you get told any advice on what to do as i still have no clue of what to do for my clownfish as i don't want it to die!

Stavros0000

These are pictures of him pooping rn Idk if it is supposed to look like that but that is what it looks like please tell me if anything is wrong with it.

AED1A7E8-77DF-4B33-BFFA-FBBDB1833A4D.jpeg

1DD22907-D083-4CBA-A06C-56077E461888.jpeg

1D985A29-E98C-4B38-9E1B-881536AF95CD.jpeg

Penguin Reef

Hey can you tell us more about your system. Size? Equipment? Parameters? How long have you had it running? From my understanding the stringy poop can be a sign of a parasite. Hows his breathing? does it look like he's gasping for air? Swimming close to the surface?

Stavros0000

Thanks the tank is 30 gallons 32ppt and 78 Fahrenheit and ph of 8.2 and Little to none ammonia and nitrite little nitrate bc of water Change I will start dosing general cure for parasite and thanks again.  The tank is 2 weeks old and I use and used biological quick start so it is almost cycled there is only one fish in it and that’s him to help Cycle I should not have bought him for cycling tho. Thanks

The white stringy poo is an indicator of either intestinal worms or internal flagellates: 

If they are not eating, I would dose API General Cure so they will drink some of the medications which will hopefully kill some of the internal pathogens.

• Like 3
Stavros0000

Thanks everyone that helped last night I dosed for general cure and today he is moving great and is active but I Also woke up to him in the anemone and they getting along great and looks like he is feeling great thanks to everyone 

image.jpg

• Like 2
Penguin Reef

Usual behavior for a fish in a un-cycled tank. Lucky for you clownfish are hardy and he will most likely make it thru the ammonia and nitrite cycle.

That anemone looks bleached. Was it that color when you purchased it?

Did you start with live rock?

What is your current live stock list?

I would check your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate on a daily basis until the tank has fully cycled. Don't add any more live stock until then as well. Don't feel discourage, making mistakes is part of the hobby and the best thing you can do to make it better is research a shit ton before you make any changes or purchase anything.