Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Mini Reef Redux-Fissiparous reproduction

Rehype

Hey nano-reef fam!!!!! Its been a while ...(about 4 years I think 🤔) since the last build. Got tied up with work and kids and had to take a break. I went back and forth for the last 6 months on doing another build.Problem is I really dont have the time or bandwidth for a tank but I was viewing some pics of my old reefs and my kids (Ages 4 and soon to be 6) expressed interest so I thought maybe I could do a really small build and invite them to help me take care of it all the while educating them on the inhabitants.  Add to the fact I have to work from home because of the virus this build is a great way to spend some more quality time with the kids.

So the search began for a cool AIO setup and fortunately I stumbled across Tinitanks. @mschreff1144 does some fantastic work and I was really happy to see someone try out a T5/LED setup on such a small build. Additionally I asked him for the sump version and to modify the chambers a bit to accommodate a refugium. The tanks are hand made and he includes just about everything you need to get started. (lighting,return pump,refugium lighting and power strips mounted neatly into the cabinet) The only changes im going to make are an additional display pump and ATO and larger ATO reservoir.

Some pics 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 15
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, yoshii said:

Welcome back!! We missed you!

Excited to see what will be another amazing build. Great you can get the kids involved too!

Hey yosh!!!!!!! Wow its been a long time. So glad to see your still around!! I missed you guys too. Hows everything? Noticed you are in Hawaii?! Hows living there? oh and I have to check out your new reef. So much catching up to do! 😊

Yeah this one is definitely for the kids so far they have been getting a kick out of watching me set everything up and asking what feels like a million questions lol. Hopefully it turns out interesting 

• Like 1
devilsadvocate

Welcome back! Your tanks have always been a great inspiration. I can't wait to see where you take this tank. 😊

• Like 1
13 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Welcome back! Your tanks have always been a great inspiration. I can't wait to see where you take this tank. 😊

12 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Words can't describe my anticipation for what you'll accomplish with this tank. 

Welcome back. 

Thanks alot guys I sincerely appreciate it. Its great to be back.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GraniteReefer said:

Are those 6w t5’s? Just scored an old fixture by corallife  that uses those.

Yes they are.

• Like 1

What a sense of nostalgia to see your name on a new thread. Truly one of the biggest inspirations and most successful nano-reefers to ever grace the forum! Sounds like hyperbole but I assure you it's not. Welcome back, and please stay a while. This place is quieter than it used to be with instagram around, but your work will always demand a large following! 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mdannyg said:

This looks really cool. Great to see you back.

Thanks Danny! How you been? 

11 hours ago, shaner014 said:

What a sense of nostalgia to see your name on a new thread. Truly one of the biggest inspirations and most successful nano-reefers to ever grace the forum! Sounds like hyperbole but I assure you it's not. Welcome back, and please stay a while. This place is quieter than it used to be with instagram around, but your work will always demand a large following! 

Hey Shaner! Wow thanks for the complement thats very gracious of you.  Very happy to see you and others are still around. Ive got alot of catching up to do with all the tank new threads but looking forward to it.feels good to be back....nano-reef is home for me.

Some pics of the sump

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, Rehype said:

Hey Shaner! Wow thanks for the complement thats very gracious of you.  Very happy to see you and others are still around. Ive got alot of catching up to do with all the tank new threads but looking forward to it.feels good to be back....nano-reef is home for me.

Some pics of the sump

spacer.png

spacer.png

How big is this tank? 

4 hours ago, William said:

How big is this tank? 

5 gallons

2 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Great little tank! I didn't realize he was doing t5/led combo - jealous! 

Good to see you back in town!!

Thanks justin! Great to see your still around.  

Yeah the T5/LED on such a small tank was something I always wanted to see. glad matt was willing to try it out.

This is everything I always wanted lol. Of course stuff like this comes out when I am taking a break.. 

If you don't mind answering this question,but how much did the whole setup set you back ? 

19 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

This is everything I always wanted lol. Of course stuff like this comes out when I am taking a break.. 

If you don't mind answering this question,but how much did the whole setup set you back ? 

Lol I know exactly how you feel I wanted an exact build like this years ago but no one was willing to put a sump on such a small tank and T5/LED was totally out of the question. 

It was $550 

• Like 2
On 4/4/2020 at 8:19 AM, Rehype said:

Some pics of the sump

spacer.png

spacer.png

first of all i want to say this itself, is a Mona Lisa of reefing.  it looks like its right out of a secrete bunker like a top secret science experiment!  hats off 

• Like 1

Oh man,that is crazy. But you get what you pay for and it looks absolutely amazing. I wanted one Micro-Reefs made back in the day but I never was able to get it figured out with Mike. 

I know you are,but I am waiting for this piece of art become operational. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, naothan said:

first of all i want to say this itself, is a Mona Lisa of reefing.  it looks like its right out of a secrete bunker like a top secret science experiment!  hats off 

Thanks alot naothan but I havent done anything but photograph @mschreff1144 work of art 😁

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Oh man,that is crazy. But you get what you pay for and it looks absolutely amazing. I wanted one Micro-Reefs made back in the day but I never was able to get it figured out with Mike. 

I know you are,but I am waiting for this piece of art become operational. 

I know it sounds steep but the lightning alone could go for $250-$300 and the rest of the package at $250 is quite a deal.

Its operational I just have to get around to taking some new pics 😁

• Like 1
Just now, debbeach13 said:

Welcome back. That set up is fantastic. I hope you and the kids have a great time with it.

Thanks so much Deb its good to be back! We are having a blast so far.  Hope all is well with you.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

Hi Eugene!  Great to see you back in the swing of things, especially for the kids' enjoyment.

Looks like a fun project...following along!  ☺️

• Like 1
mitten_reef

well, while I can't claim to be among the ol'schoolers in here.  The names showing up on this thread make me excited to see that people that I used to look at their tanks for inspirations when I first joined NR are still hanging in here.  

look forward to seeing this tank progress - epic equipment design already. 

• Like 1