Cultivated Reef

Is a fire fish ok for a 10 gallon nano

Clownfish king

Clownfish king

Beginner here So I have a 10 gallon with 1 baby Maine mocha clown fish and 4 easy beginners corals ( 1 acan frag 2 zoa frags and 1 small rock with Xenia on it I would not call it a colony though) and had it cycling around 2 months. Added the clown and Xenia around then then about 2 -3 weeks ago I got my other 3 corals. My plan was I was going to buy some more beginner coral and a fire fish but I’m getting mixed minimum tank sizes. Some say 10 gallons others 20 so I want to know if I could get it for my 10 gallon. If not could you give me some other easy colourful fish to replace it with if there are any.Oh and it has been running for 3 months and 2-3 weeks.P.S I did a ton of research on fire fish clownfish and the corals I’m getting.thank you

Thrassian Atoll

You should be fine with the clown and firefish.  You should of added the clown 2nd though.  They tend to be bullies and firefish are pretty docile.  Mine stands his ground though.

• Thanks 1

I have a 13.5 AIO, which us pretty equivalent to a 10, and I had a clownfish and a pair of firefish for a while and they did fine. They hung out in my buried PVC pipe when frightened, so didn't get picked on. I lucked out getting a pair, but had a 2nd tank if they started fighting. 

• Thanks 1
Clownfish king

I do not think mine is aggressive because he was housed with 2 other clowns at my LFS and all but one was mean to the others so I got one of the ones that did not attack the others.I literally saw The mean clown attack the others.

Firefish should be fine to add size wise. 

Aggressive/passive wise all depends on your clown. Some are real aggressive and others have no issues.

My clown can be a real beast to me and grumpy with her mate but didn't care about any other fish added and she was the first fish in the tank. 

My other clown in my 20g, didn't care about any other fish added until I added a starkii damsel, he enjoys chasing it when it gets too close to his area.

I've had other clowns that were so aggressive they were returned 

• Thanks 1