Cultivated Reef

25 lagoon- what have you used for stands?

Oldfishwife

Oldfishwife

I'm hoping to upgrade to either a 25 Nuvo lagoon or a 30L in the next couple of months. I would prefer the 25 for the depth, but it won't fit on the table I want to use. The 30L will. I'm not wedded to this table. It is a very sturdy, solid cherry piece built in the 1950s, but it's only 17" deep, so a lagoon tank won't fit. 

so, other than an actual aquarium stand made for the tank, what is everybody using? I'm thinking of looking at unfinished furniture.  Any ideas?

thanks in advance. 😉

4 hours ago, Oldfishwife said:

I'm hoping to upgrade to either a 25 Nuvo lagoon or a 30L in the next couple of months. I would prefer the 25 for the depth, but it won't fit on the table I want to use. The 30L will. I'm not wedded to this table. It is a very sturdy, solid cherry piece built in the 1950s, but it's only 17" deep, so a lagoon tank won't fit. 

so, other than an actual aquarium stand made for the tank, what is everybody using? I'm thinking of looking at unfinished furniture.  Any ideas?

thanks in advance. 😉

I used a solid wood wine cabinet off of Craigslist. It had the same problem of not being deep enough.  -So, a made a concrete top. 

BC55F0D4-A33E-4E55-A982-84229C2070C4.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

go DIY!  you get to make it to your own needs/wants 

I attached my DIY

That's why we went diy route. 

Dimensions made it hard to find something that would work well, my cat also enjoys wires so those have to be completely hidden.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
16 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

That's why we went diy route. 

Dimensions made it hard to find something that would work well, my cat also enjoys wires so those have to be completely hidden.

im glad  the cats don't bother mine but my son likes to grab stuff lol

@Oldfishwife do what works best for you and what you like, its your tank. I don't have to look at it, you do.

Oldfishwife

Thank you all. Our DIY days are in the past, I'm afraid. But I did come up with something. I found a metal stand for a 40 breeder. It is 36" long and 18" deep. We will top it with a slab or granite, soapstone or quartz and attach headboard to the metal base for esthetics. We have several granite/stone companies here, so I'll check with them to see what kinds of remnants they have. I was thinking 20x37" would work. That will give me room to sit supplies on as I'm using them, too. 

• Like 1