Coral Vue Hydros

The TBD what to call it 30L Nuvo Fusion Pro

chrisjj625

Hello everyone, 

This is my second saltwater aquarium. The first was pretty successful at times, but I got burned out and sold everything off. Now I have moved states, had a baby, and ready to get something new set up. This will probably be a mix reef with some heavy doses of acros, because they're the best 🙂. Glad to be back. Started the cycle with some Tim's bacteria and ammonia on 3/25/2020. Now I am just waiting for some magic to happen. Not sure when I will be able to get fish as we are on lockdown, but hopefully I can get a live aquaria order if needed. 

Equipment:

30L Nuvo Fusion Pro

Innovative Marine Stand

2 x IM Custom Caddies  

AI Prime 16HD

Mighty Jet Return Pump

Finnex HMA-S 150W Heater

Sicce Voyager Nano Powerhead

2 x SpinStreams

Ink Bird Temperature Controller 

Future Equipment:

Second AI Prime 16HD 

MP 10 

Fish:

Bonded pair of ORA Black Ice Clownfish

Fish Ideas:

Mystery Wrasse (I know the space is tight)

Pygmy Angel (I know this is a terrible idea) 

Some kind of Goby

Welcome to other ideas, really want some weird stuff no one else has 

FTS 3/25/2020

Tank.thumb.jpg.591d98f6e8dfd04dd1f7735fd3dc3772.jpg

• Like 3
mitten_reef

Looks great, Love the scape! I too have the 30L, and must say they don’t get enough love with the nano crowd for some reasons. 

I have a Pygmy angel (cherub), not a fan. Very active - which is great for the kiddo to watch. S/he doesn’t nip acros, but wouldn’t stop harassing my maxima clam - my biggest peeve with it. 

if you’re gonna do an acro-heavy tank, I sure hope you plan on at least 2 more Prime, or a completely different light fixture altogether. 

welcome back to the addiction. 

2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Looks great, Love the scape! I too have the 30L, and must say they don’t get enough love with the nano crowd for some reasons. 

I have a Pygmy angel (cherub), not a fan. Very active - which is great for the kiddo to watch. S/he doesn’t nip acros, but wouldn’t stop harassing my maxima clam - my biggest peeve with it. 

if you’re gonna do an acro-heavy tank, I sure hope you plan on at least 2 more Prime, or a completely different light fixture altogether. 

welcome back to the addiction. 

Damn, I love me some clams too. I'll have to keep that in mind. You don't think I can get away with 2 Primes? I have no issue going to 3 if it's required. The length of these tanks is just difficult to pick lights. The Primes are pretty affordable, so I figured I could move them to fit my needs. The Hydra 32 seems silly because the pucks are right on top of each other. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
11 minutes ago, chrisjj625 said:

Damn, I love me some clams too. I'll have to keep that in mind. You don't think I can get away with 2 Primes? I have no issue going to 3 if it's required. The length of these tanks is just difficult to pick lights. The Primes are pretty affordable, so I figured I could move them to fit my needs. The Hydra 32 seems silly because the pucks are right on top of each other. 

Yeah.  I would eventually go with 3 primes if I were you, especially with the scape you have. That way the top of each rock is lit from both sides, reduce shadowing. 

You're off to a nice start.  I transferred the livestock from my IM 10 gallon in to a 30L last year. I'm just doing softies and a couple of LPS. Keeping it simple because I travel a lot (not at the moment).  I couldn't stand the noise from the stock pump and ended up with the Mighty Jet Midsize 538 GPH and spinstreams. The pump is very controllable and very quiet. The spinstreams start of noisy but quieten after a few weeks. I should start a tank thread...

Welcome back.

I too have a 30L . On hold as I am waiting for contractors to wire new outlets so I can put them on there own GFI breaker, paint walls and then ready for water. Will be 90% SPS.

Will be following along. 

4 hours ago, GTi said:

You're off to a nice start.  I transferred the livestock from my IM 10 gallon in to a 30L last year. I'm just doing softies and a couple of LPS. Keeping it simple because I travel a lot (not at the moment).  I couldn't stand the noise from the stock pump and ended up with the Mighty Jet Midsize 538 GPH and spinstreams. The pump is very controllable and very quiet. The spinstreams start of noisy but quieten after a few weeks. I should start a tank thread...

This tank comes with the mighty jet. Glad to hear the SpinStreams quiet down  as they are quite loud now.

24 minutes ago, chrisjj625 said:

This tank comes with the mighty jet. Glad to hear the SpinStreams quiet down  as they are quite loud now.

Nice! It takes them a few weeks and one day you’ll suddenly notice they’re quiet. Noisier than the pump but a lot quieter than when new. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have thoughts about putting a Nero 5 on the back wall? Anyone done it in an IM tank? Will this be enough flow for this long tank?

I've got the Nuvo 30 ext and have my Nero on the right side of the tank. It took awhile for me to dial in the flow (in combination wth my Mighty Jet return pump), but I've found the random mode up to 20% to work quite well.

Beautiful tank and an awesome scape!! I've had my eyes on the 30l, such a good looking tank, especially with the matching stand. I wanted the ext version but ended going a different route. I'll follow your thread and pretend it's mine 😁

3 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

Beautiful tank and an awesome scape!! I've had my eyes on the 30l, such a good looking tank, especially with the matching stand. I wanted the ext version but ended going a different route. I'll follow your thread and pretend it's mine 😁

I don't have a thread, I'm actually really bad at keeping up with that kind of stuff. My instagram is northern_reefs though if you're interested. Even the fusion version is a great tank!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

I don't have a thread, I'm actually really bad at keeping up with that kind of stuff. My instagram is northern_reefs though if you're interested. Even the fusion version is a great tank!

Like to think he was speaking of my tank since this is my thread...LOL 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, chrisjj625 said:

Like to think he was speaking of my tank since this is my thread...LOL 

Completely made a mistake on who was writing and who was the owner of this thread - sorry!! (but yes, hopefully he is talking about your tank because I don't see a thread for mine any time in the near future 🙂

• Haha 1