inTank Media Baskets

Care for Majano/Manjano Anemones

Adiantum

Hey all, I'm a new member on the forum, though I've been a lurker here for a while. 

I have a little desktop tank I want to dedicate to majano nems, and maybe a couple other pest/hitchhiker species e.g. ball/club-tipped anemones (corallimorph), Aiptasia. Essentially I want some animals that are very hardy for this tank and keep it low maintenance. I know majanos are supposed to be hardy and in the right conditions can multiply like crazy. I've found some online information but it's not been satisfactory. I think they can be rather pretty and I like the little creatures.

Has anyone purposely kept some? Have any care tips or insight into optimal conditions for them to be happy and grow (if any)?

On a side note, if anyone has some they'd want to get rid of and willing to ship, I'm looking.

Plenty of folks out there do pest pico tanks, my advice for care-requirements of majano would be water, preferably salty - wet - and around 70-90 degrees, and light (the bright kind, none of that blacklight funny business - although anyone remember a few years back people were using blacklights for supposed coral fluorescence? ).

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

anyone remember a few years back people were using blacklights for supposed coral fluorescence?

I put a blacklight on my first reef tank many years ago. That sht’s wild! I had a purple-tipped condylactis anemone (the regular pink bodied type) and the entire thing fluoresced* green under the blacklight. Also red and orange coralline glowed under the light 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Adiantum said:

No blacklights for me!  I'll stick with my standard LEDs (though I'm sure coral fluorescing is pretty cool).

Eheh, they're kind of a cheap way of getting some 380-400nm nm light over the tank. Won't grow anything, but it might make things look neat lol.