Whiskey27

Introducing my Nano!

Pjanssen

I see a future TOTM!

• Like 2

teamschreiba

Looks great and the custom setup is awesome! I’ve had on and off cloudy water as well with the dry rock. From my research, it seems to just be ongoing bacterial blooms until the bacteria balances out with the bioload of the tank and the rocks mature further. Mine is never really bad although it is noticeable when viewed from the side. From the BRS videos, it looks like you could add a UV sterilizer to clear up the water but I think if you wait it out, eventually they’ll stop popping up. 

Whiskey27
On 8/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, Jimpens71 said:

Wow looks amazing, you should be proud 

Thank you!!

Whiskey

Whiskey27
On 8/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, Pjanssen said:

I see a future TOTM!

That would be amazing!!!  I'm working on a much nicer base for it now, I'll post pictures when I'm done.  With the current setup it will make Apex management much easier.

This was made to be a work tank and sit on my desk, but after my move a different one is coming to work, so now this needs a little stand.

Whiskey

• Like 1

Whiskey27
On 8/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, teamschreiba said:

Looks great and the custom setup is awesome! I’ve had on and off cloudy water as well with the dry rock. From my research, it seems to just be ongoing bacterial blooms until the bacteria balances out with the bioload of the tank and the rocks mature further. Mine is never really bad although it is noticeable when viewed from the side. From the BRS videos, it looks like you could add a UV sterilizer to clear up the water but I think if you wait it out, eventually they’ll stop popping up. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but then I lost patience at about the 5 month mark LOL.  I have a UV and a Skimmer and the UV really didn't help much, but when I added the skimmer (just in the display) it had an instant effect.

So I bought a little nano skimmer for the back of this guy, and now it's crystal clear.  That might help with yours as well.

Whiskey

• Like 1

Whiskey27

I feel like this tank is finally starting to get it's legs under it.  The corals are doing much better, algae is disappearing, and it "feels" healthy finally.  I'm working on a better cabinet for it to sit on, but here are a few updated pictures.

50379326016_9eb48b908a_b.jpgIMG_1817 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

50378632098_0b4ff02334_b.jpgIMG_1814 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

50379506532_338e8799f5_b.jpgIMG_1812 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

50379326261_5d7850a619_b.jpgIMG_1811 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

50379326371_3404a968a7_b.jpgIMG_1808 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Whiskey

• Like 4

sadie

everything looks amazing!!

sadie

It is addicting!  

Jungle_v_i_p

Looks good! What a cool build and they way you’re heading with everything. I dig it.can’t wait to see your three gallon after this one👍🏼

Whiskey27
3 hours ago, sadie said:

everything looks amazing!!

Thank you!!

Whiskey

Whiskey27
50 minutes ago, Jungle_v_i_p said:

Looks good! What a cool build and they way you’re heading with everything. I dig it.can’t wait to see your three gallon after this one👍🏼

Well,.. since you asked.  This is the 3G as it sits right now.  It's run by a small Arduino that does topoff and temp control.  It's basic, and always will be, the intention is to keep soft coral, crabs, snails and a shrimp maybe at work:

50316699322_c6aef206f0_b.jpgIMG_1784 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Thank you!

Whiskey

• Wow 1

Jungle_v_i_p
44 minutes ago, Whiskey27 said:

Well,.. since you asked.  This is the 3G as it sits right now.  It's run by a small Arduino that does topoff and temp control.  It's basic, and always will be, the intention is to keep soft coral, crabs, snails and a shrimp maybe at work:

50316699322_c6aef206f0_b.jpgIMG_1784 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Thank you!

Whiskey

Super cool!

Whiskey27
22 hours ago, Jungle_v_i_p said:

Super cool!

Thank you!  I look forward to it stabilizing and getting more corals in there.  So far it's been at work for almost a full day and nobody has noticed yet.

Whiskey

Jungle_v_i_p
39 minutes ago, Whiskey27 said:

Thank you!  I look forward to it stabilizing and getting more corals in there.  So far it's been at work for almost a full day and nobody has noticed yet.

Whiskey

No one has noticed?🤔 what an odd group of people😆

• Like 1

Whiskey27
1 hour ago, Jungle_v_i_p said:

No one has noticed?🤔 what an odd group of people😆

Ha!  To be fair I'm kind of in my own little corner over here.  Most of my work is done remotely, and people don't come to my desk all that often.

Still though,.. Once someone notices I'm sure to get all kinds of visitors!

Whiskey

• Like 1