Cultivated Reef

Magical Ditherfish

FollyFish

6 days ago I got another possum wrasse as my last one had died durning an ich out break along with 5 other fish. Leaving me with only my clownfish and yellow watchman goby. I loved my first possum wrasse, he was personable, out going and got along with everything, so I decided toget another. 

So, 6 days ago I found a store that had one that was the same type as my first, and I bought him/her. She has been hiding now for 6 days in a cave. I did some reading on shy timid fish and came across some discussions about the use of ditherfish in helping to boost the confidence in timid fish. With that in mind I went out today and got a male blue/green chromis as my ditherfish. The thought that maybe in a few days he would help with my very shy possum. Less then a hour after I added the chromis my possum was out of the cave exploring the rocks and swimming in the water column. 

I have come to the conclusion that ditherfish are magical so I named my ditherfish Luc after a sorcerer in my fav book series.

BTW my possum wrasse is named Jamie after a necromancer from the same book series. Cause when I got her she spent the entire acclimation time playing "dead". Lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Since the last post Luc and Jamie have become besties. They sleep in the same area. Swim together often side by side touching, or stacked one on top of the other but still touching. At first I thought it might be bullying but my possum shows no signs of fear, she dosen't do the possum wrasse submissive dance towards the chromis nor tries to get away. I know chromis are schooling fish so maybe Luc found a fish he could swim with.