ReefCleaners.org

Pululin’s Reef (IM Nuvo 10)

BeardPoseidon

BeardPoseidon

Hi,

I’m new to the hobby, although I’ve always been a fan of it. My grandfather used to have a 120 gallon tank, when I was growing up, that I would sit in front and watch for hours. My Mom used to call my Grandfather: Pululin (her endearing nickname for him), and I’ve decided to name this Nano Reef after him.
I’ve always wanted to start a Nano, but life kept getting in the way and I never took the plunge.

I used to frequent this website in the early 2000s, back when Christopher Marks (I think it was him or some other admin) used to build 7 gallon tanks and sell them through the site. I always wanted to buy one, but didn’t really have the finances.

Living in South Florida, I’m very into Scuba Diving, and since I can’t go out to the reef due to the pandemic, I’ve decided to quarantine the ocean with me. 

I bought the Nuvo 10 Starter Kit from Bulk Reef Supply. It was already an AIO I had been eyeing and it comes with a lot. 

Extras I’ve bought to make my journey a successful one are the following:

- XT Aqua Duetto ATO

- Fluval Sea Marine Nano LED

- BRS RODI 150 Gallon 4 Stage Plus Water Saver

- Red Sea Marine Care Multi Test Kit

- Dr. Tim’s Ammonium Chloride (Doing a fishless cycle)

- Two Zacro Digital Thermometers

- Seachem Prime

- Kora Filters Aquarium Filter Media Roll

- Three 5 Gallon buckets (that show measurements)

- One 10 Gallon Rubbermaid Brute Trash Can

I think that’s a good start for now. I’ve been doing a lot of research before starting, although I’m very much a newbie, and look forward to all the advice I can get along the way.

35CC3BD5-B6B9-4631-93CF-95DF9646529F.jpeg

• Like 1

Sounds like you are off to a great start.  The ATO will come in very handy and getting an RO/DI unit from the get go is a smart move in my opinion.  Good luck, will be following along.

• Thanks 1