ReefCleaners.org

API Test Strips

Sandy Andy

I never had much luck with any of the test strips. I use the API Saltwater Master test kit that uses test tubes, a sample of the aquarium water and reagents. I’ve checked the results with other test kits and they have been right on the mark. 

The guy at the LFS said to wait four to six weeks for the tank to cycle. The nitrite is very high for a tank that's already four weeks into the cycle. I hope it's wrong.

Yes, my API test kits are accurate. One thing that makes them accurate, is the Simplicity of their use. Don’t soak the test tubes in Vinegar or any other other Acid. I did full testing before going out of town, put the test tubes in a weak solution of Vinegar and RO/DI. Forgot to rinse them before I left. The white lines where gone off the tubes. ;( I ordered a bunch of API Test tubes and Caps from Amazon.

• 2 months later...
WilliamBowman
On 3/25/2020 at 7:18 PM, Sandy Andy said:

However, it seems to provide accurate data for everything else, but I have no way to prove that. Is the API Master Test Kit any better?

I agree with DSA65PRO. API master produces highly accurate results. They are also recommended for use by many people

Sandy Andy

I started this conversation all the way back in March when my tank wasn't yet cycled. Now my tank has cycled. It's a few months later and I now have one snail, three crabs, a clownfish, and firefish all living happily in a ten gallon tank.

• Like 1