Coral Vue Hydros

undertheseaquarium

I don't want to make this topic long, so I'll just say and list the main points. 🙂

Current Tank: Oceanic Biocube29

Inhabitants: 1 Clown, 1 Sleeper goby, 8-9 zoas, 4 LPS, 3 Snails, 1 Crab (whenever he decides to come out)

Rock: 30lbs Live Rock + 30 Lbs Live Sand

Situation: I'm looking to upgrade my current set up to a more established one, that will last me a few good years before I ever need to upsize. When I started, I always wanted a sump/ refugium but I had no prior knowledge on how to care for one. I was able to scrump together enough to make this purchase. I'm moving in 3 months but I feel that will be fine. I don't have to set the tank up right away but I can always start the nitrogen cycle, so that its an easy set up for moving day (condo). 

My choices are, with included cons:

SCA 66 Gallon Starfire Rimless Aquariums Pnp System 32x24x20" 10mm with Built-in Overflow for $1980 (I'll have to upgrade the plumping)

Res Sea Reefer 425 XL (47") - $1800 (this is a great deal but I dont know how much space I will have and I would like a more cube like tank)

Red Sea reefer 350 white (36") - $2200 (this was my first dream tank)

Advice for choosing would be grateful

chunkylovah

I vote red sea 350.

One, you said dream tank. Two, you said 425 is to big. Three, for $220 difference between the SCA and RS350, id say its worth saving yourself the headache of plumbing. Four, your fish will love you that much more for having a longer tank to swim in (coming from a cube owner).

undertheseaquarium
19 hours ago, chunkylovah said:

I vote red sea 350.

One, you said dream tank. Two, you said 425 is to big. Three, for $220 difference between the SCA and RS350, id say its worth saving yourself the headache of plumbing. Four, your fish will love you that much more for having a longer tank to swim in (coming from a cube owner).

I already took the plunge. Managed to get a pretty new looking RSR350 for $1900, with some free random corals. I've already got the space set and I was gonna pick it up April 1st but with this quarantine, I'm gonna have to wait. But at least I'll have all my material ready by the time I do get to the set up stage. 😁