inTank Media Baskets

BlinkUp Issues -SOLVED

jcreefer

Hi fellow NanoBox owners,  

I’ve sent the following to Dave as well, but I’m hoping someone else can help me while I wait for Dave’s reply.

I am currently having issues with the Bluefish not connecting to the wifi network.  I recently upgraded our router and ever since then, the Bluefish has not connected to the WiFi network.  Namely, the location is not updated.    Everything else works after the router upgrade and my Apex is online, so I know the WiFi connects to other devices properly.

I opened up the controller box and found the imp card flashing red, 1 short followed by 2 quick flashes.  I tried to reconnect via BlinkUp, but no matter what I try, the led would flash green (during blinkup) and then revert back to the same red LED flashing sequence.

Things I have tried:

1) disconnected power for 20 secs, reconnected
2)take out the imp card and then reinserted, making sure it’s locked in place
3)covered as much of the card during blinkup to cover from ambient light
4)orient my phone horizontally, vertically to the imp card.

Thanks
-Jeff

EDIT: SOLVED, I ended up having to delete and reinstall the Bluefish app.  For those that have issues with the controller not connecting, try this as well.
  • Like 2

Thank you! I have yet to try this, but hopefully it works! Although one of my lights is stuck in my classroom until we get permission to go back to school.... 

mitten_reef

didn't work for me neither.  

Per my email exchange with Spencer before seeing this post, it appeared that mine is a hardware failure anyway. 😞  

I was just curious in trying because I can use blink up to "clear wireless info", but not establish a new one. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Didnt work for mine , glad to hear some are having success though 

Did you make sure to connect to 2.4 gHZ if your WiFi network has multiple bands available?

2 minutes ago, jcreefer said:

Did you make sure to connect to 2.4 gHZ if your WiFi network has multiple bands available?

Yep, multiple times 

Even made a dedicated 2.4 network for only the bluefish 

4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Yep, multiple times 

Even made a dedicated 2.4 network for only the bluefish 

Bummer.  Wondering if this is related to what Dave is having issues with.  Did this only recently happen?  How could an app that's worked fine before all of a sudden not work, especially if the hardware hasn't change?

1 hour ago, jcreefer said:

Bummer.  Wondering if this is related to what Dave is having issues with.  Did this only recently happen?  How could an app that's worked fine before all of a sudden not work, especially if the hardware hasn't change?

I have an older bluefish unit with the removable imp card. Spencer basically said the older tech just isn't really working anymore and suggests I upgrade to the newer gen2 unit. Not sure I will toss the extra $100 at a spare light. When I have other reliable options on hand . 

• Like 3