Pod Your Reef

Jebao ow-10 wavemaker

karisma

15 minutes ago, karisma said:

Anyone?

I have had the SW-2 and SW-4 models for a few years and they have been great! Just make sure you clean and soak in vinegar every 3-4 months, as the algae builds up quickly around the prop shaft entrance to the body for some reason and this can really slow them down.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Picogoby said:

I have had the SW-2 and SW-4 models for a few years and they have been great! Just make sure you clean and soak in vinegar every 3-4 months, as the algae builds up quickly around the prop shaft entrance to the body for some reason and this can really slow them down.

Really hey? Well im glad to hear you had good results with jebao. They changed the motor in this new "ow" series so maybe the haters will give it another chance on reliability!

I will clean as you say and hope it lasts for years to come. Thanks for the reply! :)

5 minutes ago, karisma said:

Really hey? Well im glad to hear you had good results with jebao. They changed the motor in this new "ow" series so maybe the haters will give it another chance on reliability!

I will clean as you say and hope it lasts for years to come. Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Careful with the vinegar. Just learned/was told recently that too long in vinegar can start to degrade the plastics and resins the wavemaker is made out of. Citric acid dikuted in water was suggested instead, and for no longer than 30-60 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, karisma said:

I will clean as you say and hope it lasts for years to come. Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Yes they have constantly upgraded. The SW is the newest model but the OW was the first to have the upgraded design. 
Our main distributor for Jebao in the uk informed me that a newer model with a full app operated controller is due mid year, however I wonder if this will be available so soon with the current global pandemic?!?!

1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

Careful with the vinegar. Just learned/was told recently that too long in vinegar can start to degrade the plastics and resins the wavemaker is made out of. Citric acid dikuted in water was suggested instead, and for no longer than 30-60 minutes. 

True, however saltwater is just In the Alkaline range and alkalinity is far more damaging to plastics.

1 hour ago, Picogoby said:

Yes they have constantly upgraded. The SW is the newest model but the OW was the first to have the upgraded design. 
Our main distributor for Jebao in the uk informed me that a newer model with a full app operated controller is due mid year, however I wonder if this will be available so soon with the current global pandemic?!?!

I didn't know that the "sw" was the newest. Guess i could have investigated a little more before ordering haha! And your right about weather the pandemic will cause issues with products such as this. The last wavemaker i had was an mp10. But i went budget on this build. With the asta 20 light and this jebao ow10. Might get a cheap auto aqua smart ato to go along with my budget build!

11 minutes ago, karisma said:

I didn't know that the "sw" was the newest. Guess i could have investigated a little more before ordering haha! And your right about weather the pandemic will cause issues with products such as this. The last wavemaker i had was an mp10. But intent budget on this build. With the asta 20 light and this jebao ow10. Might get a cheap auto aqua smart ato to go along with my budget build!

Yep it’s just the alphabet! When they get to the ZW they will have a problem 🤔
to be honest I was really not impressed with eco tech, several years ago I had a large tanks with I think 5 MP40’s and have to say I had lots of magnet rusting issues. Yes they did last a BIT longer and the output was a bit better, but for the price I really could have saved a lot of money with  Janos products and just replaced them cheaply when they failed.

strangely I have gone backwards with “technology” in products and have had just as good results. For £60 I can build a light as good as an ai prime with the same spectrum and par, also I can’t piss about with it in an app, so actually give my tank the power and spectrum it needs!

10 minutes ago, Picogoby said:

to be honest I was really not impressed with eco tech, several years ago I had a large tanks with I think 5 MP40’s and have to say I had lots of magnet rusting issues. Yes they did last a BIT longer and the output was a bit better, but for the price I really could have saved a lot of money with  Janos products and just replaced them cheaply when they failed.

strangely I have gone backwards with “technology” in products and have had just as good results. For £60 I can build a light as good as an ai prime with the same spectrum and par, also I can’t piss about with it in an app, so actually give my tank the power and spectrum it needs!

Hahahaha! Thats funny asf! My first led light i built myself too. Hard dimmers and blue and white leds it was over a pico so it was quite small but your right about  the app controls. Not needed really...

43 minutes ago, Picogoby said:

post-66802-1307525697_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1307525756_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1307525790_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1308640350_thumb.jpg

This is the light i built using cree leds when there was only blue and white ones. None of this full spectrum stuff.

27 minutes ago, karisma said:

post-66802-1307525697_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1307525756_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1307525790_thumb.jpgpost-66802-1308640350_thumb.jpg

Really nice build! And with LED’s getting better you can get the correct bin with tiny tolerances for a lot less money nowadays. I now tend to go for Bridgelux over Cree as they keep their bin tolerance tighter.

7 minutes ago, Picogoby said:

Really nice build! And with LED’s getting better you can get the correct bin with tiny tolerances for a lot less money nowadays. I now tend to go for Bridgelux over Cree as they keep their bin tolerance tighter.

Honestly Cree was the shit before but bridgelux and semiconductor leds are just as good or better.....

• 1 month later...
WilliamBowman

To sum things up, this wave maker flow pump with controller is a must-have. This is proudly made with pre-programmed flow rates and modes, multi-pump control feature and can be operated by wireless control approach. By the same token, it is significantly improved with a four-pole impeller design and this unit is capable of supplying ample wave pattern modes that are similar with reef wave current. This enables it to ensure a natural environment that your finned friends inside the tank will delight in.

Anyhow, the build of this device seems poor quality which is obviously to reduce the manufacturing cost. Sadly, because of this, even if this unit is upgraded, it may not stand long-standing service. Other than these defects, it is functional in many aspects.

1 hour ago, WilliamBowman said:

To sum things up, this wave maker flow pump with controller is a must-have. This is proudly made with pre-programmed flow rates and modes, multi-pump control feature and can be operated by wireless control approach. By the same token, it is significantly improved with a four-pole impeller design and this unit is capable of supplying ample wave pattern modes that are similar with reef wave current. This enables it to ensure a natural environment that your finned friends inside the tank will delight in.

Anyhow, the build of this device seems poor quality which is obviously to reduce the manufacturing cost. Sadly, because of this, even if this unit is upgraded, it may not stand long-standing service. Other than these defects, it is functional in many aspects.

So far so good with the pump. It's actually over powerful for my tank. I have to bounce the current off the live rock to not get sand all over the place.

• Like 1