Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

undertheseaquarium

undertheseaquarium

So... a local buyer was having a deal on a Coral Beauty angelfish. I have a 30G cube tank but now I'm hearing that it might be too small. I did do my research and many people advicated on allowing a baby coral beutty to be in there but I just want to make sure I didn't make a mistake. 

I'm planning on purchasing a larger reef tank (70-80G) in the next few months. I only have 1x Clown, 1x Sleeper goby & 1 Cleaner shrimp... The coral beauty I got is approx. 1in in length. There is enough rockwork to hide behind. I do have some LPS & zoas. 

Will she be ok in my current tank util I get my bigger one? Should I just keep her in the 20-30G long QT tank? or Should I sell her?

What is the dimensions of your display? Also how much rockwork is there? Dwarf angels like to swim in and around the rocks. If you’ve got enough nooks and crannies for it to explore, it may not even notice the small tank. 

• Like 1

My potters angel absolutely hated my 25g cube I used as QT. He turned into a totally different fish once I got him in my 80g. I would say a 30g isn't a good long term solution. With covid seemingly shutting down businesses as time goes on, you may want to upgrade sooner than later. 

• Like 3
undertheseaquarium
59 minutes ago, RedCrow said:

What is the dimensions of your display? Also how much rockwork is there? Dwarf angels like to swim in and around the rocks. If you’ve got enough nooks and crannies for it to explore, it may not even notice the small tank. 

The dimensions are 25x25x25 with a built in filter at the back. 

2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I know some have tried them in a nano.

Try doing search on here and see what others experiences were like.

I've done research on them an it led me to a 50/50 standoff. Some do nano, especially when small sized and others do over 40 gallons. Each have varying responses too.

42 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

My potters angel absolutely hated my 25g cube I used as QT. He turned into a totally different fish once I got him in my 80g. I would say a 30g isn't a good long term solution. With covid seemingly shutting down businesses as time goes on, you may want to upgrade sooner than later. 

I have what I would say is a nice rock set up. Its in the middle back of the tank (not touching the wall). It has an archway, a little tunnel like cave and a 'bridge'. I have my eye on a nice 65G setup. I would have to sacrifice 8G for a $1,400 gain in my wallet, which i am not sad about, especially during these times.20200226_155415.thumb.jpg.d80fa7eb10d2089bce1f9d2969a53c60.jpg

Here is a picture of the current rock setup.... This is not what that the tank currently looks like, fish and coral wise (old pic).

I didn't find caves to matter, mine had a cave system. My angel still was unhappy which became apparent when it went into a large tank. Your tank looks pretty young/sterile, not much algae for an angel to forage on. It's not ideal but the fish won't die. 

• Like 2
undertheseaquarium

I do supplement seaweed everyother day for my algae gravzers (snails) because my tank quickly cycled and a baby clean up crew was my first buy (3 snails)

My tank currently looks like this:214608717_20200321_1117051.thumb.jpg.46dcee84297de1588d23ac09fec7b9c0.jpg

As of Today (03/20): She is being transferred to the QT tank (had to wait for Temp and salinity) and will be there for at least 2 weeks. Hopefully by then I will get that bigger tank.