SaltCritters.com

How small is too small??

nano-mex

I’m planning a 16 gallon display tank with a 10 gallon sump set up and since it’s going  be a small tank I’d like to stock it with high end corals and fish. I want to add a QT, but for such a small system I can only have a 2 gallon QT, that’s even if I can fit it inside the tank stand, because i don’t have any room to set up a bigger tank. I will have it for only until I’m done adding fish (of curse 😂) which would be 5 fishies (I know that is a lot of fish, but I will be heavy skimming with a skimmer rated for up to 80 gallons and keeping up with water changes) here’s a list of fish I plan to add...

2 clowns, 2 different kind of gobys and 1 red ruby dragonet which I’ll add last. So would a QT that size be ok for quarantining a fish or two (at the same time) or will it be more stressful for the fish? TIA

Snow_Phoenix
18 minutes ago, nano-mex said:

I’m planning a 16 gallon display tank with a 10 gallon sump set up and since it’s going  be a small tank I’d like to stock it with high end corals and fish. I want to add a QT, but for such a small system I can only have a 2 gallon QT, that’s even if I can fit it inside the tank stand, because i don’t have any room to set up a bigger tank. I will have it for only until I’m done adding fish (of curse 😂) which would be 5 fishies (I know that is a lot of fish, but I will be heavy skimming with a skimmer rated for up to 80 gallons and keeping up with water changes) here’s a list of fish I plan to add...

2 clowns, 2 different kind of gobys and 1 red ruby dragonet which I’ll add last. So would a QT that size be ok for quarantining a fish or two (at the same time) or will it be more stressful for the fish? TIA

A QT needn't be a glass tank - you could get a 5G++ plastic bin and use that as a QT. 2G would be very small/cramped. 😓

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

A QT needn't be a glass tank - you could get a 5G++ plastic bin and use that as a QT. 2G would be very small/cramped. 😓

I know it doesn’t have to be glass, but in my situation I don’t have room or space to place a bigger tank or container and I still need to check if it would fit inside the DT stand!! 
i was thinking of using something like this, it’s a 2.3 gallons tank.

CA845337-A94F-40EB-96F1-A61B98C50A1F.png