Coral Vue Hydros

Sump cleaning IM Nuvo 20

D4rkAngel

I was wondering, how often do i need to clean the sump on the IM Nuvo 20  ?

Because since i started mine on June 29 2019, i never really cleaned the sump...

I did use a turkey blaster one time in all of the chambers and just siphon out the water.

There is a place underneath both chambers that is almost impossible to go there to clean...

But never really just completely empty the sump and scrub it entirely.

image.png.23a63e6682f90e8bd56427d838e86d13.png

Thank you.

I have not done mine yet but was thinking about doing it quarterly when I service the return pump.  I was going to use a tube attached to my turkey baster to get into those sections to stir anything up that is trapped in there and then just siphon out the water in the return chamber during a water change.

My tank has only been running for 3 months so I was going to do it this weekend.

SliceGolfer

My tank has been set up for 15 months. Have cleaned it zero times. I may clean it soon, and I would use my canister vacuum to do it. I would shut off all pumps, place the return hose in chamber one, vacuuming out each chamber. I would then put the return in chamber three and vacuum chamber three. All the waste gets caught in the canister vac, then dumped down the drain when done. Sounds good in theory at least. We’ll see what mess I make when I do it.