Coral Vue Hydros

Aqamai KPS flow

5*Chris

I'm running a KPS in my 29g, but I seem to have to run it at max settings to get good movement. I feel like at the settings I have it at in a 29g it should be blowing everything around. I don't want it blowing everything around, which is why I went from a mp10 in my lagoon to this KPS before I transferred everything to the 29g. I know the mp10 is a stronger pump but I expected more from the KPS.

I've reset it, cleaned it twice, second time in a 50/50 vinegar bath overnight, but still seems like low output. Am I expecting too much from it in a 29g? Honestly it seems like I lose a ton of flow overall when I switch off my little c-220 marineland canister filter with rfg nozzle. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20200308-200715.thumb.png.6a6eea6c40fc4a4fccc2ae7ee06ab887.png

It changes according to the settings.

There is no easy answer with a customizable wavemaker. 

Random flow and regular flow is usually the strongest.

The kps doesn't have a very forceful flow but rather a gentler one.

6 hours ago, Clown79 said:

It changes according to the settings.

There is no easy answer with a customizable wavemaker. 

Random flow and regular flow is usually the strongest.

The kps doesn't have a very forceful flow but rather a gentler one.

I'm really thinking there might be something wrong with the KPS. I run random in the morning and early afternoon but even those setting seem very mild at max settings.

I'm actually happy with the flow currently just afraid when my sps get bigger they'll block flow and I'll need to either upgrade or add a second. Plus I was hoping to take the canister filter out but I feel like the filter is really helping with the overall flow in the tank. The canister filter is only rated around 220gph and I do have a RFG nozzle from my lagoon on it so output should be even less than that. 

Maybe I'll try to get a video today, I think that would put this in better perspective. Thank you

1 hour ago, Penguin Reef said:

I run my KPS at 5%. Any higher and everything is blowing in my 8 gallon. Why not switch back to the MP on low settings?

I ended up selling the mp10, even at 30-40%, it was blowing everything all over the place. That's why I switched to the KPS, along with customizable settings.

But I just bought the IM wavelink desktop size, so I plan on putting it in tomorrow to see how it is. If what I'm thinking is correct, I might need to send the KPS in for repair. 

3 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

I ended up selling the mp10, even at 30-40%, it was blowing everything all over the place. That's why I switched to the KPS, along with customizable settings.

But I just bought the IM wavelink desktop size, so I plan on putting it in tomorrow to see how it is. If what I'm thinking is correct, I might need to send the KPS in for repair. 

My first kps had an issue. It was replaced without issue by hydor. 

It's not an overly strong flow but rather gentle, depending on settings. It definitely needs playing with to get it just right.

• Like 1

Well there is definitely something wrong with the KPS. Just did a water change and put my new wavelink in, on pulse mode at speed 3, there's already more flow than my KPS maxed. Good thing for warranties, hopefully they'll fix it quick.