Coral Vue Hydros

Dkh dropping.

twenty12

I run seachum reef fusion two part system. Occasionally my dkh drops below 8. Is there anyone with recommended option on bringing this up. Dose more of the one part of the ratio? Use another product to raise in addition? Use another product all together?

Probably need more info, but often times your corals will consume more of the alkalinity than the calcium, so have to adjust your dosage accordingly. For example, I dose 12 mg of my ESV alkalinity daily, but only 10mg of the calcium part. How often do you dose and how much? Daily testing will help you to dial in the correct ratio. Once you get it figured out, you can decrease how often you test. Some people add Kalkwasser to their ATO water, which helps with heavy alkalinity consumption, but I'm not familiar with using it, so research that or wait for other to chime in.

Are you doing water changes in addition to dosing?  Which salt mix?

Usually water changes are enough for the non-coral uses of alkalinity...and dosing equal parts of two-part should be able to handle the coral uses.

(At least recently, I don't do a lot of water changes, so I dose slightly out of proportion like Pjanssen said.)